xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down

last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on when I plug power supply to the wall light is orange when I plug to console light turns off tried power at 2 diff houses same thing went to gamestop bought power supply same thing I looked up a post with same problem the reply was as follows

Level   3
  • Suggested Answer
  • Posted 7 Nov 2015 2:10 PM
  • Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had recently.

It sounds to me like you have had a power surge within your home which has caused an a lot of electricity to go into the console at one time.

The official Xbox One power supply does come with a built in surge protector, but it must be reset before you can use it. To do this, please follow these instructions:

1. Unplug the cables from the console, wall outlet and power supply itself.

2. Wait 10 seconds. It is important that you wait 10 seconds. as this step lets the power supply reset. Make sure that you unplug the power supply unit from both the wall and your Xbox One console.

3. Firmly plug the power cable back into the console, and then plug the power cable back into the power outlet and the power supply. Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can affect the performance of your power supply.

4. Turn on the console and check the light on the power supply.

If you need any more information, please visit this page: support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

I hope this helps!

-Eden0032

so I did this and I did not work so I visited the support address listed in post and still same thing PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2018 Views 4,233 Applies to:

Hey there. I would first try those steps again, but leave it unplugged a little longer. I would wait at least 5 minutes.

If you have a friend that also has an Xbox One, see if you can borrow their power supply, so that you know that it is a working power supply. If not, try to take it back to Gamestop and exchange it, in case the one you got is bad.

If it still doesn't work after that, and you went through all of the troubleshooting listed on that page, it sounds like you will need to get your console repaired. If you need to do that, you can start an order at http://myservice.xbox.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't mind the way the instructions are worded, EXCEPT the one that says:

"Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can affect the performance of your power supply."

This would be a LOT easier to do, and I would DO It if the darn power supply cord was long enough so that 2 things were possible:

1.  You should be able to leave the power brick on a STABE surface, and not have to worry the thing falls off the surface:  The Cord is TOO SHORT to allow me to plug the cord directly into the wall, and the brick can hit the floor unexpectedly (as has happened to me TWICE.

2.  The Power cord is not as LONG as the 360's cord:  I understand the fact that the new brick has some special surge protection, but in addition to the fact that the cord is too short, the cord connected to the brick can come loose, and fall out of the brick - I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

How does one TELL/ASK XBOX to make a better power Brick/Longer Cord:  at least 6 foot would be good, that way the thing stays on the FLOOR???

Brian

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft uses http://xbox.uservoice.com as their source for all feedback

Sorry this didn't help.

>  I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

Adjacent protector can make Xbox easier.  It is not designed for constant spikes (ie from a generator). Its near zero design is for a single spike.  Repeated spikes can, in rare cases, cause it to become the source of a fire.  Meanwhile, protection routinely designed in all electronics makes spikes from a generator irrelevant.

Best power strip is one without protector parts AND with the always required circuit breaker.

Receptacles must be located so that one is always within 6 feet of anything along the wall.  If not, a new wall receptacle is required (per code).

Sorry this didn't help.