last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on when I plug power supply to the wall light is orange when I plug to console light turns off tried power at 2 diff houses same thing went to gamestop bought power supply same thing I looked up a post with same problem the reply was as follows
- Suggested Answer
- Posted 7 Nov 2015 2:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the issues you've had recently.
It sounds to me like you have had a power surge within your home which has caused an a lot of electricity to go into the console at one time.
The official Xbox One power supply does come with a built in surge protector, but it must be reset before you can use it. To do this, please follow these instructions:
1. Unplug the cables from the console, wall outlet and power supply itself.
2. Wait 10 seconds. It is important that you wait 10 seconds. as this step lets the power supply reset. Make sure that you unplug the power supply unit from both the wall and your Xbox One console.
3. Firmly plug the power cable back into the console, and then plug the power cable back into the power outlet and the power supply. Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can affect the performance of your power supply.
4. Turn on the console and check the light on the power supply.
If you need any more information, please visit this page: support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on
I hope this helps!
so I did this and I did not work so I visited the support address listed in post and still same thing PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!