Xbox One Loses Connection When Streaming/Crashes home network

My xbox one keeps disconnecting whenever I stream videos or movies (either netflix or xbox video).  I will be watching something it will stop playing and then say there is no connection.  Not only does the console just disconnect from xbox live but it briefly crashes my home network momentarily and then comes back online.   Anyone have this issue or have a fix to this?? *note*  that the console is wired and not wireless.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 498 Applies to:

Hey CRCKHEADJED,

I can see how that is super frustrating and want to help! Take a look at this Start Here thread in these forums. Respond back with what you know find out so we can better help you troubleshoot from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Update-  Issue continued for sometime,  then was okay for maybe 2 weeks.  Now issue has continued again.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  US, Connecticut

Modem brand & model number:  Motorola SB5120 surfboard cable modem

Router brand & model number: Linksys WRTG54GS V.5

Wired or wireless:  Wired

Things you have tried:  Only happens when streaming videos or movies and have just tried disconnecting and reconnecting modem, router, and Xbox1 as well.

Is UPnP Enabled? Uknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?  Unknown

Any Error Codes you encounter:  Disconnect

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider):  Optimum Online

Sorry this didn't help.

Welcome back JED! Sorry to hear this is still happening. You said previously that your entire home network crashes when this happens. Are you able to tell if that crash happens at your modem, or your router? If your router fails but your modem still appears to be running normally, then we can narrow down the possibilities for what's causing this to happen.

If you're willing, let's try this: Plug your Xbox One console directly into your modem, bypassing the router. This is a temporary setup. Stream a video on one of the apps and see if your connection goes down again. If it does, then we know that the issue lies either in the console or the modem. If you're able to stream without issue, then that means something's going on with your router. Maybe it needs a firmware update. Let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an Xfinity modem and this has happened to my twice since purchasing an Xbox One. I lose my wifi signal and all connections to my network devices. I have to unplug the modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Is there a reason this is happening? It is upsetting when I want to put Netflix on for my daughter.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Ping!

If you haven't already, please go ahead and start a new thread with a detailed description of your situation, along with any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Be sure to provide the following information: forums.xbox.com/.../1621667.aspx so that people trying to help you can have a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.