Xbox one lag!! Please help!!

Right.... 1 month ago I was a happy gamer with no lag or any issues what so ever with my xbox 360, I saved up all my pennys and bought the xbox one day one edition. I am having a problem that's not going away even 3 weeks after launch, my download is 6.8MB and my upload is 1.4MB according to a speed test but on my xbox one its saying 2.7MB and 0.8MB and a latency of 217ms (NAT type open), firstly can anyone tell me why the different figures between my xbox speedtest and every laptop speed test (bear in mine these tests were done when these were the only devices connected to the internet). Anyway I go to play fifa 14 (The only game I have) and it takes me 30 minutes to connect to a game then when I'm in one there unbearable lag like the loading screens take a good 2 minutes with all the server lag, its just really bad connection when I'm in a game which is a very rare occurrence! Also I cannot connect with party chat and the once I have its just been the same old lag. So I ring up xbox go through all trouble shooting, opening ports, dmz servers, clearing catche...etc so they send me to my broadband provider which is sky by the way and I talk to them for a while and they suggest a new router so I pay £70 for that (Thinking what the hell seems like I've just wasted £450 anyway). The new state the arc sky hub arrives and.... SAME PROMBLEM! I am connected with a 1m Ethernet cable so wireless is not the issue. So I spoke to xbox again ad I feel like they've just got me going around in circles and I just feel so annoyed that everything was perfect on my 360 and now I pay £450 for something that I can't play online!! Please please please someone help me out here or tell me if you are having a similar problem... I really need to get this sorted it seems like for the past 3 weeks this is all I have been doing and I'm started thinking about a return and a PS4 quite sad really after 12 years with xbox...

Please help!!

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 7,623 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bit more info: My mate who lives in the next village has much slower stats but his works perfectly and I am able to stream HD on my xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What does the multiplayer test say? You may have a bad console as well. Are you wired or wireless?

Sorry this didn't help.

Both multiplayer test and connection test say everything is good and wired.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried to remove the port forwarding and let UPnp thing take over?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have any hardware lag when you're not playing online?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Webbox!
[quote user="ii W e B b O x"]my download is 6.8MB and my upload is 1.4MB according to a speed test but on my xbox one its saying 2.7MB and 0.8MB and a latency of 217ms (NAT type open), firstly can anyone tell me why the different figures between my xbox speedtest and every laptop speed test (bear in mine these tests were done when these were the only devices connected to the internet).[/quote]Whenever you perform a speedtest and or pingtest from your computer, by default, your connectivity is measured/tested against a close-by node/server (often within your own region/country).

The basic IP connectivity test and to measure download/upload speed, performed through your console, is tested against a server/node located in Seattle, WA (US). Therefore, if you perform a speedtest using your computer, change the location of the test server, to a server located in Seattle, WA and let us know the outcome.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah no luck :/ and nope no hardware lag and I'm able to stream in HD. and yeah I have pretty rubbish results for seattle something like 0.9 Up and 0.4 down and a high ping :/ But my mate next door has got worse internet and he is absolutely fine, I just don't understand.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help so far guys!

Sorry this didn't help.

Webbox, any chance you can try a different xb one in your house? If a buddy has one etc.

Then it will be quite clear if you have a hardware problem with your xb one or not!

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the exact same problem. I have 5Mb down and about 80ms ping on laptop, yea not great but better than 1Mb down and 300ms ping on the xbox one. I got into a game of fifa once and it lagged out, most of the times I can't even connect to the ea servers its that bad. Done all steps like forwarding ports, Dmz etc and called both Ms who seem clueless and my isp  The strange thing is that I downloaded killer instinct (3.3gb) and it took 2 hrs which is not bad for my connection. Couldn't have done it that fast with 1Mb down. Never had this problem with the 360. Really don't want to swap for a PS4. I'll keep you updated if I find a fix, Fingers crossed

Btw read this, found it on a site about slow downloads on xb1. I don't know a lot about DNS to be honest, worth a shot. Good luck!

"I had a similar problem. It turned out to be a poorly chosen DNS server. See, Xbox Live is hosted from multiple data centers around the country (and world). To get optimal speeds, you should be connecting to the closest hub geographically. When the xbox attempts to download anything, XBL points you to the most appropriate data enter based on the DNS server you're using.

So for example, my router was configured with the Comcast DNS servers automatically, but they were like 1000 miles away from my actual home. This resulted in my xbox connecting to a data center far away.

When I manually set my DNS servers, to something more local ( I used 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220). The speed test under Settings > Network > Detailed network statistics went from a pretty crappy 10mbps to my full 50mbps.

This is not exclusive to Xbox either, I saw most of my traffic improve."

Sorry this didn't help.