Xbox One lacks basic features from Xbox 360

Here is a list of basic features offered on "post gen Xbox360" that the "Next Gen" cannot do.

1) Voice message

2) Picture message

3) Recent players- which is nice if you want to add someone you recently played with.

4) No motto- at one point I wanted to put my Skype name in my bio so my friends on my friends list could see it??? Its not possible on "Nextgen".

5) No bio

6) Really no profile

7) Friend requests- On xbox360... it will show you that you have a pending friend request, but on Xbox One I simply follow you. You never recieve a message stating a   pending friend request, so I follow you but you do not follow me back because you do not know.

Now for the Kinect

1) I do not get signed in when entering the room. I have to manually sign in like "postgen people".

2) The kinect constantly confuses me with offer people in my family.

3) While working out on Xboxfitness my 2 and 3 year old walk by and the kinect tracks them, which causes me to loss my score.

4) Kinect cannot track more than one person.

5) Kinect does not recognize your voice, my 7 year old son can turn on my Xbox One from his bedroom upstairs.

6) Heart rate monitor while using xbox fitness does not work. This is needed for calories burned calculations.

The Dashboard

1) Its basic, you cannot access your memory usage and/or delete updates or corrupted downloads.

2) Its fustrating, with limited access.

3) No wallpapers, just basic color scheme.

4) Itrems on the dashboard are not organized. If you enter the games section and want to look at the Demo's available... good luck. First you need to select the game and then check to see if there is a game demo available.

I have owned a Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, to me the Xbox One is PS3 with a hardware up grade.

Alot of these features were considered basic for Xbox360 and $60 xboxlive gold membership. On "NextGen" they are not. This is one of the most frustrating things about Xbox One. Its simple do not buy the Xboxe One. Its horrible.

Hopefully I did not leave anything out.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

the sad thing is I've read a dozen lists like this and most of them don't have any of the same complaints from each other (which I assume are all legit). One guy wrote an article about how media center on the thing is useless now...I can't fathom not being able see where the storage is or how much is left. Idiotic. who made this *** thing? Can't even play mp3s? Can you even burn music to it?

I wouldn't go so far out as to say "do not buy Xbox ONE" as if we give it time then more features will be out, around the 6 month mark we'll have all the useful features and if after a year it is still lacking that's when you give the system bad reviews.

No one ever looks at it from a programming side, it's quite a lengthy process.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

The Xbox gold membership sucks!! No one should have to pay after you have already paid so much for the game itself.

If I knew we had to pay for the gold plan or pay period for the gold plan, It would have been left on the shelf and I would have gotten a WII U, which I think is what I will be doing tomorrow returning the xbox one.

"7) Friend requests- On xbox360... it will show you that you have a pending friend request, but on Xbox One I simply follow you. You never recieve a message stating a   pending friend request, so I follow you but you do not follow me back because you do not know."

To be fair, if you two aren't in sync enough to know that you followed one another, you have no business befriending each other.

Here's my list:

1. No battery indicator for controller.

2. Tiny font size.

3. No recent player list.

4. No bio/motto/location/name on your profile.

5. Can't add a picture/theme to the Dashboard background.

6. No access to the console's HDD under settings.

The UI on Xbox 1 is laggy on a console with an AMD 8 core Jaguar APU. Xbox 360's UI isn't as laggy and it runs on a console with an older processor PowerPC 3 core CPU. Having to search through multiple menu's is a bit of a pain too and having to wait for them to load (about 3-4 seconds initially).

... and what anyone wrote above. 360's UI is also metro so it shouldn't be too hard to add these features to Xbox 1.

Seems like the One has taken several steps back but eventually Microsoft will update it, you will probably have to wait till next year though no doubt to get the fixes it requires.

Exactly the reason you don't buy consoles at launch. Ever.

[quote user="El Negro JimBob"]

Exactly the reason you don't buy consoles at launch. Ever.

[/quote]To be fair, none of the issues the OP is having are detrimental to the console.  You can still enjoy it, but hopefully people have the patience to wait for it to be updated.  There are things that are bothering me, but I try to avoid them.  :)