Here is a list of basic features offered on "post gen Xbox360" that the "Next Gen Xbox One" cannot do.
1) Voice message
2) Picture message
3) Recent players- which is nice if you want to add someone you recently played with.
4) No motto- at one point I wanted to put my Skype name in my bio so my friends on my friends list could see it??? Its not possible on "Nextgen".
5) No bio
6) Really no profile
7) Friend requests- On xbox360... it will show you have a pending friend request, but on Xbox One I simply follow you. You never recieve a message stating a you have a pending friend request, so I follow you but you do not follow me back because you do not know.
Now for the Kinect
1) I do not get signed in when entering the room. I have to manually sign in like "postgen people".
2) The kinect constantly confuses me with offer people in my family.
3) While working out on Xboxfitness my 2 and 3 year old walk by and the kinect tracks them, which causes me to loss my score.
4) Kinect cannot track more than one person.
5) Kinect does not recognize your voice, my 7 year old son can turn on my Xbox One from his bedroom upstairs.
6) Heart rate monitor while using xbox fitness does not work. This is needed for calories burned calculations.
1) Its basic, you cannot access your memory usage and/or delete updates or corrupted downloads.
2) Its fustrating, with limited access.
3) No wallpapers, just basic color scheme.
4) Itrems on the dashboard are not organized. If you enter the games section and want to look at the Demo's available... good luck. First you need to select the game and then check to see if there is a game demo available.
I have owned a Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, to me the Xbox One is PS3 with a hardware up grade.
Alot of these features were considered basic for Xbox360 and $60 xboxlive gold membership. On the "NextGen" Xbox One they are not. This is one of the most frustrating things about Xbox One. Its simple do not buy the Xboxe One. Its horrible.
Hopefully I did not leave anything out.