Xbox One lacks alot of basic features avialable on Xbox 360

Here is a list of basic features offered on "post gen Xbox360" that the "Next Gen Xbox One" cannot do.

1) Voice message

2) Picture message

3) Recent players- which is nice if you want to add someone you recently played with.

4) No motto- at one point I wanted to put my Skype name in my bio so my friends on my friends list could see it??? Its not possible on "Nextgen".

5) No bio

6) Really no profile

7) Friend requests- On xbox360... it will show you have a pending friend request, but on Xbox One I simply follow you. You never recieve a message stating a you have a pending friend request, so I follow you but you do not follow me back because you do not know.

Now for the Kinect

1) I do not get signed in when entering the room. I have to manually sign in like "postgen people".

2) The kinect constantly confuses me with offer people in my family.

3) While working out on Xboxfitness my 2 and 3 year old walk by and the kinect tracks them, which causes me to loss my score.

4) Kinect cannot track more than one person.

5) Kinect does not recognize your voice, my 7 year old son can turn on my Xbox One from his bedroom upstairs.

6) Heart rate monitor while using xbox fitness does not work. This is needed for calories burned calculations.

The Dashboard

1) Its basic, you cannot access your memory usage and/or delete updates or corrupted downloads.

2) Its fustrating, with limited access.

3) No wallpapers, just basic color scheme.

4) Itrems on the dashboard are not organized. If you enter the games section and want to look at the Demo's available... good luck. First you need to select the game and then check to see if there is a game demo available.

I have owned a Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, to me the Xbox One is PS3 with a hardware up grade.

Alot of these features were considered basic for Xbox360 and $60 xboxlive gold membership. On the "NextGen" Xbox One they are not. This is one of the most frustrating things about Xbox One. Its simple do not buy the Xboxe One. Its horrible.

Hopefully I did not leave anything out.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yep we know, many threads since Nov 22 on this. Sad that they took a ten year step back with this console. Just proves they rushed it out the door to stay with the PS4 release. Funny thing is that they rushed theirs out the door as well. Now we just wait for the dozens of updates to catch it back up with the 360.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]Just proves they rushed it out the door to stay with the PS4 release. Funny thing is that they rushed theirs out the door as well.[/quote]Neither is rushing to compete with the other.

Both were released as-is because the industry needs the shot in the arm that a new console release provides. It will take a year for things to bake, just like it did last time.

there is no need to take a ten year back step with these consoles

I agree with Lord Dirt, both consoles seem rushed things that were standard last gen are missing next gen, how the hell does that work? Who decided lets make a next gen console but take away the features people use?

From what I've read, E Ticket619, some of your points are valid (1st 1-7), but will be fixed in a future update & some simply don't seem to be set up correctly (Kinect) or are easily circumvented (dashboard). An example of the latter: in regards to signing in, I find that using the Kinect voice commands are the best way to do it a manually - simply say, "Xbox, sign in as [insert real name here*]" & it works perfectly every time. Also instead of having to deal with the cluttered dashboard, just use the Kinect's voice commands to go directly to where you want to go. Most things will work with, "Xbox, go to [insert app/game here]" for example.

*Use the real name associated with your account - for example, mine is Keith, so I would say "Xbox, sign in as Keith" in order to sign in.

I will admit, the Kinect camera auto-sign is a bit clunky - it can't tell me apart from my brother, but then again, we're twins... Although there was that 1 time where it thought that my knee was me... =P

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]there is no need to take a ten year back step with these consoles[/quote]Completely different architecture, with final APUs not available until summer, and you expect the past eight years of tightly written PPC code to just *poof* work on an x86 console?

Not going to happen.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]there is no need to take a ten year back step with these consoles[/quote]Completely different architecture, with final APUs not available until summer, and you expect the past eight years of tightly written PPC code to just *poof* work on an x86 console?

Not going to happen.

[/quote]

didnt know it was so hard to add a battery indicator or let us check our HHD.  I dont care about different architecture, that is an excuse. Every time i buy a new computer, tv, cell phone, etc I dont expect it to be set ten years back and have to wait for numerous updates to be able to do what I have been for ten years

Some people will never be satisfied & will look for problems in everything; it's the whole "the glass is half empty" paradox - it seems Lord Dirt is 1 of those people. You can't change it or them - it's just the way they are.

The Xbox 360 didn't have all of these features the year it was released. It's something the great guys at Microsoft took years to implement. Anyway, Microsoft knows that we miss some of the old stuff our 360s could do and Major Nelson has already said that there will be major updates early next year.

You also have to remember they had to almost completely redo the OS after the whole E3 crap happened about people hating lots of its features. It really does seem unfinished, and it is. A few weeks before release, some of their members were reporting that the OS was just not as great as it could be due to the lack of time they were given from having to start from scratch again in the Summer.