If i wanted to sell this could i?

i don't use it and was thinking of selling it 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think it's your property so you can sell it if you want.  Since they all come with kinect and no one actually uses it I don't know who would buy it though.

Just rang my local shop they said they would give me £50 for it.

What i need to know is will the console still function right

Twitch and gaming etc

Mes.. I would seriously think about holding on to it... and for the life of me.. I still do not see how or why people do not use it... the Xbox record that is use enough... or the Xbox pause... or Xbox launch.... all those simple commands make using the X1 easier... and to the haters.. please do not give me that the controller is faster BS.. it isnt.. so stop...

I understand that i am not slating the kinect in anyway.just wanted to know

can i still record

[quote user="MessiahBrowny"]What i need to know is will the console still function right

Twitch and gaming etc [/quote]Since you own an Xbox One you should already know what works without Kinect.

Kinect is not considered an optional accessory with the Xbox One console. Given the sweeping changes that have occurred to the 360's dashboard, it's not unreasonable to assume that at some point Kinect will be required for something down the line.

well you will get a please connect the kinect logo top right.... you will loose most basic functions and rely on controller use for EVERYTHING

So what happens 6 months from now when the updates start coming through...DX12 hits with the cross platform play and apps.... and now you NEED a sensor...  most likely will cost you a few hundred to get one

If you just want to know what happens without kinect - unplug it and see

@ Messiah ..

I know a few have posted saying they had to send their Kinects off for repair and was still able to play games etc. Not sure though if everything works properly without though or how it works, Twitch etc.

Obviously you got to do what's best for you but personally I'd hold onto it for now. I personally think it's shown a lot of potential already and better things are on the way. I just say this because I've done it before, say got rid of a game because I wasn't playing it, then they release some sort of DLC and I'm left saying ... "Wish I would have kept it now" ..lol

I understand that cheers guys

Just tested and everything works the same

It's called Ebay. Yes you can sell it. :P