Xbox one kinect signs other people in - BUGS

I'm having a problem with my kinect. Currently I have my kinect option to automatically sign me in when I walk in front of it. But whenever I'm playing video games or watching tv my xbox one will randomly sign into my sisters account, even if I don't move. It just signs her in out of no where and she won't even be in the room. Anyway to fix this? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

G'day g1master! It could be that your Kinect is recognizing another object in your room as your sister, as weird as that sounds. Go into your Kinect settings and look at what Kinect sees. You may want to have your sister redo her Kinect Sign-In settings to make sure the sensor is properly recognizing her. Check out the steps here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Joust, so I tried what you said and I did go to the Kinect settings and the Kinect didn't mistake anything on the couch for her and when she walks in front of it, it did recognize her. So I followed the steps and reset the Kinect but it's still randomly signing her in. Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could always turn off the Auto Sign in for your sisters account.  I have that same problem.  It signs me in and then randomly signs my wife in whether she's in the room or not.  I just turned her auto sign in off.  I use the xbox more than her anyway.. Plus I paid for it.  lol  

Jamie

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem.  I have turned off the auto-sign in and even though it has reduced the number of time it occurs, it still does it.  Most of the time after it signs her in, it's like there's a ghost in the machine as it will try to change games, the cursor(selected window) will randomly move to different apps that aren't connected, and ask to turn off console or controller.

Sorry this didn't help.