Xbox One Kinect Replacement

My kinect packed in with constant disconnect issues, contacted Microsoft to sort out a repair, all was sorted and I printed out my labels and sent it off. It was delivered today when I was out (was delivered to a local shop as a drop off point).

When collecting I noticed straight away the box was not sealed in anyway at all and when I opened it there was no letter or any information what so ever ( I had a letter of apology and details off what had happened when I got my 360 repaired and I also had 1 Month of Xbox live).

I was expecting at least a letter or something, especially after the numerous problems I had with the Xbox 360 and buying an Xbox console again and having it turn faulty within the first year!!!.

Anyone have anything or is this the new way of doing things?. I paid to ship a faulty product to them and receive it in an open box with no explanation. fingers crossed it works huh

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I've had a couple of controllers replaced and one of them was as you described, open bag with no letter, though I believe accessories don't get a letter. The open bag/box thing though I believe was customs & excise checking the contents. I've had quite a few replacement items turn up like that. Not just from MS. They don't seem obligated to repackage things in any kind of respectable manner, usually just thrown in a clear bag with a bit of tape.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.