XBOX ONE Kinect chat not working in Ghosts

I have Kinect setup and working for voice commands but it won't work for chat in CoD Ghosts.

When I plug in the mono headset, the chat icon appears.

With connect it doesn't show up and nobody can hear me.

Is there something I can adjust?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I use a headset with a mixamp and need to use the connect for voice chat.  Trying to figure out how to enable it and then how to mute/up mute the kinect mic during gameplay.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a partial answer.  I just got an Xbox One.  I used a Astro a40 headset with a mix amp with my Xbox 360.  However, with the proprietary plug on the Xbox One controller, it cannot be connected in the same capacity (at least until an adapter is released).  Other than unplugging the mixamp USB from the Xbox 360 and into the Xbox One I made no changes to the way the headset was connected to the TV (optical) and console (USB).  However, without an adapter to plug into the controller, the headset will only support audio (you can hear, not talk).  To use voice, I either have to forego the a40 headset altogether and use the headset that came with the Xbox One or use the Kinect for voice.  I chose to use the Kinect for voice.  It was not immediately clear how to do so though.  To use the Kinecet for voice chat (I have only played Call of Duty Ghosts using this) go to "Settings" then "Kinect" and make sure the box next to "Use Kinect microphone for chat" is checked.  Then go to Call of Duty Ghosts.  Then go to your friends list and invite one or more of your friends to your party.  When you send the invite(s) the "Your Party" screen with appear on the right side of the screen.  Find the option that says "Turn on party chat" and select it.  Have the other members in your party also turn on party chat.  You should then able to talk to everyone in your party.  However, I was unable to figure out how to control the volume of your friend's voice.  It's extremely loud and the mixamp will not work to turn the volume of the voice(s) up/down (although being too quiet was not the problem!).  I at least got it to work though.  It should be noted that my party consisted of one other person and he was also using a third party gaming headset (without a mixamp) and also using his Kinect for voice and the headset for audio.  I was unable to use the Kinect for voice outside of party chat in Call of Duty Ghosts multiplayer.    

If anyone has any suggestions for the Digital Audio settings for the a40 and mixamp (Stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, etc.) throw me a freakin bone here!

Hopefully that helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. I cannot get the kinect to work for chat in Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Frankly, I think the Xbox One's audio headset inclusion (I mean lack thereof) stinks.  No voice chat.  If there is, you can hear everyone, or it breaks constantly.  You hear everyone's broken comments, not just your squad's (in BF4).  There are no headphones that work with XB1, nor will there be for another 3-6 months.  C'mon.  What kind of tech is this?  Seems like MS went backwards on the game chat and headset technology, not forwards.  Why wouldn't they have something ready when the One was released?  Dumb.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup same issue here.  Kinect is checked to be used for game chat.  However in ghosts it shows I have no mic.  Please fix...some people value communication in team based games.  Odd I know.

Sorry this didn't help.

tbh, it is better chat doesn't work through your Kinect. No one really wants to hear discussions about what people are having for dinner that night.

@Jack the Ferret

"Frankly, I think the Xbox One's audio headset inclusion (I mean lack thereof) stinks."

The Xbox One comes with an audio headset by default. Or at least there was one in the box when I opened mine anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Kinect doesn't work for Ghosts.  Also, I've been having trouble with the controller and the mic and all that, but I think I have the solution.  You need to have the headset in before loading up call of duty.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here - Kinect is working great for voice commands, but not working for in-game voice, at least not in CoD.

@I0o Shifty o0I That's a good call for "party" chat, but unfortunately it doesn't work for the feature called "in-game voice" which is the talk between members in the lobby, and the just regular speaking that happens in the game. That would technically be a work-around, but unfortunately, there should be a better way than having to invite everyone in the lobby to join a party, just to be able to talk to each other.

I'm thinking of toying with my Xbox Chat headset and seeing if I can fit the earpiece inside the ear cup of my surround headphones....

Sorry this didn't help.

Quick follow-up: I'd advise NOT wasting time with Activision Support on this issue. I made that mistake last night. Their "support" was, and I quote, "If the Kinect mic works in Party Chat, we would advise you to organize a party whenever you want to play multiplayer."

Um. Seriously?

His second and last suggestion was, "Since we can't hope to know everything about how Microsoft's hardware works, you should really contact them about this." I explained how CoD was the only game with this problem, so it wasn't a hardware issue, and he said, "I understand, but still, you really should contact them."

If Activision won't even address this at software-side, maybe MS could add the ability to hear voice through speakers with the chat headset plugged in to work around it. At least then we could use chat headset AND our headphones

Sorry this didn't help.

apparently it's easier for both sides to ignore the issue rather than fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.