Xbox one keeps losing video signal

My Xbox One has been losing the video display lately. The sound still comes as if it's running, but the video is blank. It's been happening even more lately and it seems like it happens every time there is a "change" in the display. Things like loading new areas in games, change of scenes in Netflix and even a new Youtube video seem to trigger the blank screen. I've read online that it was a bug, but those discussions are from last year. I'm not sure why it's happening. The video returns to normal when I turn off the TV and turn it back on, but it's annoying to do that every time a new scene starts. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi ExactablePuppy4, 

Sorry you're having issues with your display cutting out. The first thing I would suggest you try is another HDMI cable to see if the issue persists. If it does, then I would suggest trying a different port on your TV. If those do not fix it, then go to your display settings, and change the resolution from "Autodetect" to the one that best matches your TV resolution. If it still happens after that, then try a different TV. That would tell you if it's a TV or Xbox issue. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.