XBOX ONE Keeps Disconnecting

My Xbox one keeps disconnecting me about once every half an hour and has been doing this since I first had it, I have the Day One Edition of the console and my friend has the normal edition. It doesn't do it to my friend and I have read that it only happens with the Day One Editions. The console cost me £429.99 and I had it as a birthday present. I cannot afford to purchase another Xbox One, therefore any help given will be extremely appreciated, PLEASE HELP ME MICROSOFT. I did not spend over £400 and queue in a mile long line for a faulty Console.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

There can be a few things that can cause this issue. The most common cause that I have seen is your security proofs. Go here for information on security proofs and how to manage them.

If your security proofs are up-to-date and you don't need to verify your log in email then I would try the next few steps to see if they help.

1. Turn off the Xbox Controller
  2. Turn off the Console by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds
  3. Unplug the console from the wall (Leave unplugged a minimum of 2 minutes)
  4. Power-cycle your Network
  5. Plug in your Console
  6. Reboot and make sure you can connect to Live
These are the standard steps that most support agents that I talk to will have me do, and while they may not always fix the issue, it helps get a fresh and clean connection which can help narrow down possible causes.
Give these a shot and reply back to let us know what happens!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help, Although this is only a temporary fix. What are Microsoft going to do to permanently fix this issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your not giving us the exact messadge, this is fixable issue most definitely. There might be several things are causing this may be security proofs (then update them), may be account(redownload it), may be nat(Open ports) etc

So to get the issue resolved, give the exact error messadge (the code and the wording) and check your internet connection (most important what NAT does it give you). Reply back with info and lets see what it will say.

Sorry this didn't help.