Xbox One is useless without Gold

Pretty much my Xbox One isn't allowing me to redeem any codes. Every time I try to redeem the code I get the same error message. I already called Xbox and they told me I had to wait 5-10 days just for them to "investigate" the issue. The guy I talked to gave me a free 1 month for the inconvenience but guess what...THE CODE DOESN'T WORK!

So now I'm stuck with Silver and my console is now officially useless. I can't use Netflix, IE, Youtube, Twitch, etc. I bought the Xb1 (Titanfall bundle) so currently Titanfall is the only game I have. But guess what... I need Gold just to get passed the main menu. Xbox One doesn't even have private chat so I can't talk to my friends whatsoever.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried redeeming the codes at Xbox.com?

^ Tried that.

This should not be a surprise. MS mind set "pay to play".....

....  it is the decision of MS to have people pay to access features.....  so be it. I pay $48/yr for my gold... it's my decision. This has been the case with MS for many years...  if you can't afford $4/month...  then Xbox is not for you...

-

On a side note Netflix is available via many platforms.... not just Xbox...

Gonna have to agree with king ...Pony up the cash and

start enjoying the one ..Its really not a bank breaker is it,you can get gold for 39.99 for 12 months at quite a few online places ?

Use this link to redeem codes commerce.microsoft.com/.../PaymentInstrument

It's the price you have to pay for the things that you 'want'. I don't know an idividuals situation or anything, but one year of Gold isn't that much of a deal if you can splash out on a console and games plus other subscriptions.

I'm just calling BS when I see it. All I'm saying is somethings shouldn't be Gold only.

I'm afraid that's not up to us Taka - Xbox Live is the sole property of MS; there's no ins, ands, or buts about it - we are simply allowed to use it if we pay for it and abide by the rules they set forth. If you're not willing to pay for the benefits it provides, then that's your choice.

I enjoy the live services, no one is forcing you to pay.