Xbox One is sadly disappointing.

I get my hopes up with the up-rise of the "Next Gen Console"  Xbox one only to be sadly disappointed.. The party system sucks and it takes forever to load if it even gets that far, inviting to games is now a challenge with Titanfall out. I get more response out of my Xbox360 and everything is so easy to manage and use!  Did they lose time and just throw the garbage can full of failed ideas in an attempt to make a last min. effort?  I feel the xbox one was not ready to launch it has too many problems and im a huge fan boy of Micro$oft but this is nothing but a letdown. Is anyone else having these problems or is it just me? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't have one yet but hopefully future updates will fix some of the half-baked attempts that MS made to make the X1 a next gen console.  Right now it's a beta console.  

Sadly there are a lot of threads like this and they're all valid. I have the thing. It has no DLNA. You can't play mp3s, you can't burn a CD to it, no 3D, no external HD support, etc, etc. Most 360 apps are still missing (HBOgo, etc). No facebook or twitter. No social networking integration of any kind (beyond Twitch - which is kinda niche if you ask me). you'd think they'd find social networking key to the Xbox platform and bake in something. Everything has some kind of social networking integration these days (even Outlook.com can load Facebook contacts). The Xbox One? Nothing...They're isn't even integration between the One and this very forum....

Snapping is extremely cool. But I can't snap Skype. Snapping TV or other things cause frame-rate drops or audio miss-sync issues. The thing is definitely half-baked...

HDMI in is pretty cool. I like it. I can hook up a digital antenna tuner to it and watch TV OTA on the One. Kinda neat. Does it justify $500? nah...I can also hook up the digital antenna tuner to my receiver or TV...I wish MS had some plan in place, some method, of hooking up the 360 to the One via HDMI in and being able to somehow functionally play 360 games on the One, with the One's cool snapping or dashboard experience...but...they don't have this...

Titanfall is probably a competent release but it has no real single-player so that crowd is left out (reminds me a lot of Unreal Tournament in that respect)...It'll have some fanfare and fade...

Forced Kinect bundling was a DISASTROUS decision. If it was Matrrick's, then the guy was an idiot and I'm glad he's gone...They did in this generation, what Sony did with the PS3 last time around. Higher price point, releasing later, not sooner...People complained ad nauseum about the PS3's price and they're numbers lagged behind the entire generation. MS apparently looked at that and learned NOTHING. They are STUCK with a bundled Kinect due to various long-term contracts - if they unbundle it now, they loose all kinds of money...So stupid to FORCE someone to buy a gadget...BTW, there are no killer launch apps people are excited about for Kinect either...

Literally no justification for Gold/Paid on the One. All apps (Netflix, Hulu+, etc) can be accessed elsewhere free. No free games, no sales worth noting. - They know this and are working on it, but it's late. So many others have already jumped ship or are waiting for a reason to jump in and the early adopters like me are telling them not to...

MS has so much internal shake up right now I wouldn't expect things to change fast. The only constant is Major Nelson (he's a pretty good dedicated guy). I wouldn't expect good things from Elop. He's probably never held a controller in his life. I can't fathom why he's in charge of the brand now. They're in image make-over mode now. Elop said he's "waiting for Titanfall" on his Twitter with a picture of it. It's a joke. He'll never play the game. He has no idea what he's doing...I could run the Xbox dept better than he could...I'm not joking...Look at me...Not joking...

Hopefully by holiday 2014 they'll have a massive turnaround with Halo 2 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta. That'll sate a lot of fans. They could try to force Halo fans to buy the One by releasing it only on the One, not the 360. That'd be a fair strategy but I wouldn't advise it...They also need to fix all the stuff the 360 does currently that the One doesn't do by then or they're going to be in last place for years. I think the Xbox faithful assumed it would do all those things. They were already disappointed that it wouldn't play 360 games and come to find out it doesn't do anything else the 360 does either...

MS isn't completely stupid. They are large and the people in charge have an autocratic inside-the-bubble echo-chamber problem. But eventually they listen and fix some things...They One could have been worse but they reversed many of the draconian (forced online, new games only, etc) policies. They do listen, sometimes...

For now, keep your 360 BizarroMantis, and pick up South Park The Stick of Truth if you're a South Park fan...It's game of the year 2014 so far...

Did we really need another of these threads?!  This one adds nothing to what others have written that they have "beef" with.

Moral of the story... never get your hopes up... about anything.

Wow ms really dropped the ball with the titanfall launch today respawn  definitely not gonna stay xbox exclusive after all the sign in problems were having it'd be nice to buy a $500 PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT WORKED

I am so sick of the xbox one... Should of known better.. Come out with oh hey good news you won't be able to play cd's anymore and it will be online all the time(problem we are having now) Ok now were just going to go back on our word and make it cd playable and we will do all this in like four months so were basically giving you the crap that the "special" engineers been working on...Don't pay attention to the helmet.  Then they move on to whatever crappy interface they had where you couldn't get a decent party chat going ever...  Then the graphics are never 1080p (exception of forza) with a 30frames per second.  Maybe the audio will be good?  Sure any headphone will work (HEHEHE except for the adapter we will force you to buy from us)  What's that Titan fall is out and everything is running smoothly and I'll get to play right away....Nope!!!!  Instead we will allow you to play nothing...  Oh microsoft, I'm actually intrigued how will you suck tomorrow?

Xbox one is really becoming garbage. My controllers don't connect and as soon as I installed TitanFall it doesn't even start. SIGH.................

"Moral of the story... never get your hopes up... about anything."    You forgot to add the words microsoft related

Hey if you guys are looking for friends to play with ... You know when all your other friends get kicked off and your alone survivor... Hit me up... Assuming I ever get back online and I haven't converted to the fricken PS4

I do not have an xbox one yet... my neighbour does and that is enough of the experience for me.  I've played power star golf and while it is enjoyable, there are lots of issues with it.  From game play and glitches to the controller constantly saying 'controller disconnected'.  Yet the batteries are fine and when the xbox button is pressed it does bring up the menu and the controller can navigate all the menus..  Seems to be with that game?

BF4 was alright, graphics were not 'omg wow!' and it reminded me very much of the 360.

Now his titanfall has not yet been able to connect and I will drop by later on in the week to see if it's working.  TF I think will be a quick PR boost, sell some consoles and quickly fade.  I do not think it will be the epic game of the year that some media sites are trying to portray it as.  Look at the Halo series... it had awesome graphics with each generation console it was on, it had awesome single player mode and captivated fans across all generations and it had great multiplayer.  TF has 6 vs 6 multiplayer and 12 or 15 maps... sorry, this will wear thin fast.

Then we look at all the features in general that xbox one is lacking compared to xbox 360.  Media extender, games with gold, social media apps, movies on external usb etc. etc.   Yes I am sure these will eventually come to the xbox one, but now it is 4 months after release and still lacking.  Sorry, but for a $500.00 'next gen' console, there is SOOO much more work that needs to be done.