Xbox One Internet Explorer App Suggestions

i know that Internet Explorer is coming on the Xbox One but make it have more functionality has the X360 version of Internet Explorer by adding 

- Full WebGL Support
- Full Flash Player support
- Tabbed Browsing
- Improved HTML 5 Support
- Up the IE version to v.11

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

sorry not gonna happen (flash) because they don't want you to play free flash versions of games they sell on the market place.

It's Internet Explorer, it's never going to be good. I really don't see a use for a browser on either Xbox

I heard from friends that flash is being phased out by many websites anyways in favor of something (I don't recall what) that works much better. According to them, flash is old school & is going the way of the dinosaur.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

I heard from friends that flash is being phased out by many websites anyways in favor of something (I don't recall what) that works much better. According to them, flash is old school & is going the way of the dinosaur.

[/quote]

Yes Flash is on it's way out, for HTML5, Apple said they are no longer continuing support for it, Steve Jobs once called it a "resource hog", YouTube already has a beta for HTML5 player and it actually requires less resources to use HTML5, which is good news for things like mobile devices, and it requires less space also (in terms of storage not rendered space on the screen).

Although things that create flash-video have plug-ins to export as HTML5 now, it's slowly being phased out, as people who make software for Flash are slowly releasing HTML5  varied programs, such as Adobe Flash (to create flash games and so on) Is being replaced by Adobe Edge.

Also all new browsers support HTML5 as it's becoming industry standard and has been for a number of years, so that will have full support on Xbox One.

Flash support won't happen, it's not because of the games though, it's because Microsoft will only allow updates through their service and not over the web, the frequency of updates, and the security risk involved with being dependent on a third party updating their own program. Besides, Adobe does not make platform specific versions that are optimized for their specific platforms, and the fact that Adobe is moving more and more into html 5 and is pretty much supporting Flash as a transitional technology, it'll be around for a while yet but more and more functions will be supported by html 5.

hypertext mark-up language 5 yay