Xbox one instantly turns off

I have had trouble getting my Xbox turned on from energy saving mode for about three months. I have a day one edition console that will turn on for almost literally one second and then turn off. The power brick has a constant amber/orange light that when the power button is pressed turns white for a second then back to amber/orange. I have tried different outlets, hard rebooting of the console and general power brick troubleshooting (unplugging everything from the console including the power brick and then waiting for the light to go out and plugging it back in). Sometimes I am able to get the device on after messing with it for sometime. I already payed out of warranty repair on the optical drive and am not looking forward to sending it back off so soon after. I'd greatly appreciate some assistance or conducive responses.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 34 Applies to:

Jack,

Do you have a friend nearby that you can try using their power supply to see if this works? If so, it'd be recommended to go through https://myservice.xbox.com , register your console, the choose the replace an accessory option to get a new power supply.

If the power supply doesn't fix the issue, then it might be a console issue and you'd need to follow the same process above except request a repair on the console.

Let us know how the power supply test goes if you can. Thanks,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

After I got to a friends house to use their power supply, I plugged my Xbox and power supply in first to show him the issue. It turned on right away, I stayed over for hours and I couldn't get it to replicate the issue until I was about to leave. It did what I described above but when I turned it on a second time it turned on and stayed on. Thus, I was not able to properly rule out the power supply as the origin of the issue. The problem is that once I get the Xbox on, it will typically turn on again and again as long as hours haven't passed by without use, but when I turn it off at night and come back to use it again the next day after work it does the "lights up for a second the turns off instantly" thing. Has anyone else experienced this?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.