Xbox One Headset Works 1 out of 20 Times WTF

Get on XBONE and invite friend to party. I can hear him and he cant hear me. Notice headset icon not lighting up when i talk. I reset a dozen times and still doesnt work. I pull the batteries from the controller and plug them back in...nothing. I hold the Xbox One power button to reset the cache. Turn it back on it still doesnt work. Turn it off and unplug the system for a few minutes and it still doesnt work.

Yet somehow once in a blue moon the thing works and i can talk on it. I bought the Headset Adapter so i can use my Astro A40s and Mixamp. Same exact issue. It works maybe 1 out of 20 times my Xbox One is on. When it does work i get crackling noises and random volume changes (my friends voices randomly go up and down). I also get a strange electronic echo like the matrix. Again my Astros work flawlessly on my Xbox 360 and PC. Only on Xbone are there issues.

Im so beyond frustrated with the whole xbox ones glitchy nonsense i dont know what to do anymore. This is only one of dozens of issues ive been having. Ive just about had it.

Are there any fixes for headset glitches? Is there a way to reinstall the Headset Adapter that i purchased in the slim hope that it might resolve some of the issues?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Any suggestions anyone? Ive been reading through the forums about all sorts of headset and headset adapter issues but not the exact issue im having. Any help would be really appreciated. Resetting the controller does no good. Resetting the Xbone does no good. Resetting the cache does no good. Changing the power settings to energy saving mode does no good. Unplugging the Xbone does no good.

LOL im pretty well out of ideas. Both the cheap Xbone headset and my astro a40 with mixamp/headset adapter literally seem to only work for chat maybe 1 out of 20 times my xbox is on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

im going through this issues, but during games, i cant hear anyone, they cant hear me, i can see my icon saying that i am speaking, but no reply from anyone, and still cant hear anyone.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same exact issue guys. And have no idea.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're not the only one Paco. I've been having the same issue for about a week now. Support can't seem to figure it out either, NAT is open but mic won't work no matter what headset I'm using.

Sorry this didn't help.