Xbox One Headset Sent and Received But No Update

So, I have been dealing with the party chat issue that a lot of other people seem to be having.  I was able to hear people through my headset but wasn't able to talk to them.  After following all of the troubleshooting tips and filling out a survey for Xbox, I finally figured I would just get a replacement headset and hoped that would fix my issues.  I spoke with a support rep over the phone and he set up the service order on August 13th.  I packaged the headset up and mailed it according to all of the steps provided.  Wrapped it in bubble wrap, wrote the service number on the package, and didn't write Xbox anywhere on the package.  USPS tracking shows that it arrived successfully on August 17th at 11:30am at the warehouse. [Mod removed]. 

After waiting for some type of update, today I thought I would call back to Xbox support and get some kind of update.  They literally had no answers for me.  They did confirm that the package was delivered on Monday August 17th but they were completely unsure as to why it hasn't been sent back since it was a simple replacement order.  I am now stuck without a headset.  The entire reason I sent it off was because I wanted to exhaust my options to have a working headset before Gears of War Ultimate Edition came out.  That's not going to happen now.  I am part of the preview program and since I have sent my headset in, a new update has been released in regards to the party chat issue.  Meaning that this is INDEED a software issue, not a hardware issue.  I can't even test the update, because I have no headset.  Can someone please help me out.  I think it's kind of wrong at this point.  Talking to service reps who have to know about the issue, making me a service order, which I had to pay for, to get a new headset, and now I'm stuck without anything.  This is ridiculous.  I feel robbed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Dilaudid281, 

Sorry but no one on the forums will be able to assist with this as no one here would be able to look up your warranty claim. I would suggest using the link below to check online for status updates, or trying to contact support again. I'm also posting a link to the Preview Forums. If you feel there is an issue with the Preview Update post a thread over there, and report a problem using your preview app. 

Check your repair status

Contact Customer Support

August Update Preview Forums

PS. Please do not post any personal info including service request numbers. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.