Xbox One headset problems.

Hey.. so basically right now I own two headsets, an Afterglow LVL 5+ and a Turtle Beach (don't know the specific name), anyway the headset(s) ever since I got them on Christmas have been very iffy. Sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't. This meant that most of the time I couldn't hear people and people couldn't hear me. I can hear game sound perfectly, and the xbox recognizes my mic going into the headset adapter but when I speak it doesn't recognize my voice, yet I can hear my voice in my headset. I've tried unplugging, restarting my Xbox, just about everything. If anyone knows the answer please tell me! Thanks! (By the way, this on xbox one.)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 120 Applies to:

Please try these steps

Restart your console by going to Settings > Power & Startup > Restart Now

◾Please use our Troubleshoot parties on Xbox One support page for me, and verify you have done all these steps

◾Also attempt our NAT troubleshooter to see if that may help you out

◾Pass the troubleshooter links off to your friends, too

◾Try out a wired connection directly to your modem

I understand that you have Open NAT (or may have it) right now, however the NAT troubleshooter step is required before we are able to continue.

If those do not help you, please update your controller by going to Settings > Devices & accessories > Select your controller > Update (if available). Follow the instructions there, and then post back with what firmware version your controller is on. You can see this on the controller page, and it should be 1.2.2236.0.

The Nat troubleshooter is here support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Turn Mic Monitoring off

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.