Xbox one headset not working.

I can hear my friends but they cannot hear me. This is my fourth headset that has had this problem and its starting to get expensive. Ive tried power cycling anyone know any tricks that might help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I hate using kinect to chat, and no warranty is over. Chatted with support and didnt help so I guess I'll just have to get a new one. Well at least I will have the broken ones if they ever fix the problem. This still sucks tho.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All I can say is I hope you are under warranty. Had this issue for about eight months now. Talked to xbox support once or twice but they all said the same thing and had no real advice that worked. Don't buy anything else and I hope you can return some of it. My only suggestion is that the Kinect works in Partychat, other then that you can't do much.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this problem as well. Support said this is and Xbox issue not ours. They told me to wait patiently for a fix.  @ ArmyRanger149 Post general  fix links does not help. In case you didn't;t read the OP post he said he replaced headset 4 times.

Sorry this didn't help.

Army Ranger149... this is a persistent problem happening to dozens of people on the forum, and probably hundreds by now in general.  Everyone has tried troubleshooting, and it hasn't worked.  It always appears to be the system's reciever or recieving protocols that are malfunctioning.  I've even replaced all my accessories with no sucess, and checked all my settings (I even tried someone else's WiFi).  I tested a hypothesis with the Kinect, but it didn't work.

The only thing that did work was putting the controller in close proximity to the console after reboot, and it worked for about a minute and a half before it cut out again when i picked it up and moved it away from the system.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, seachade!

I am sorry to here that your headset is not working correctly for you. Try to perform these other steps http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help#a60bf73f508940e4a7b6ec18007bf5e4 in the effort to fix your problem! If the problem continues, you may need to replace the headset with a different one.

Sorry this didn't help.