Xbox One headset issues

So when I first got my Xbox One at launch I tested out the headset it came with and it showed a GREEN right in the party chat as if I was talking, but I wasn't talking at all. I mute it and unmute it and that works, but it resumes back to the solid GREEN light again as if I am talking when I'm not. So I tried the following solutions.

1. Talked to Microsoft Support and did the following.

- Unplugged and replugged it in securely (still ended up with the original result of the GREEN solid light)

- Cleaned the mic with rubbing alcohol and did the above step and still got the original result.

2. I ordered a new replacement headset from Microsoft and still having the same issue. So I then tried changing the batteries and also resyncing the controller to my Xbox One and still having an issue. 

My guess is that the port in the controller is bad because what else could it be? If anyone else has any suggestions or solutions please post them below. I'm going to be buying a new controller shortly, but until then I will have to use my kinect for voice and my turtle beach for sound. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

If the headsets work fine on another controller, then it probably is a faulty headset port. I'd contact official support again and push for a replacement controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I am going to put in a order for a new controller because I think it is the port.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.