xbox one headset/ chat

When in a party by myself my headset works just fine. the blue rings lights up like it normally would. However, when I have people join my party I cannot hear people nor can they hear me. The blue rings do not light up. Can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi JaackieeG! You can check your Privacy and Online Safety settings by going to Settings, Privacy and Online Safety and select adult and try again. If you have another controller I recommend trying that to see if the problem still exists, also try another profile to make sure the issue is not limited to just your profile you also can try Power cycling the xbox one by holding down the power button (on the front of the console) for 10seconds once it turns off turn the console back on and try again. also check your NAT Type by going to Settings, Networking if your NAT type is strict you may need to open some ports on your router/modem. if all these TS have failed you may need to contact support at 1800-4my-xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

~~~ Also what headset are you using? Regular xbox one wired headset(that came with the console) or Xbox one stereo headset?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.