Xbox One having serious issues last couple days.

Hi all, so I have a day one edition xbox, i have been using a wd my passport in it for many months now. a few days ago i turn it on and i get a green screen followed by a black screen. after hard resetting a few times it finally comes on but it doesnt show my external hdd. I take out the hard drive and reformat it and fix it on my pc thinking it was the hard drive causing the issues. plug the hard drive back in, format it for the xbox, and go to bed. The next day, i get home and turn on the xbox, and it takes forever to come on, and when it does, no hard drive shown again. Now almost nothing works. When i tried to install gears UE i got an error code the xbox.com says doesnt exist. I had to hard reset 4 times to be able to remove the messed up install and start a new one and the whole console has started lagging and crashing. Does anyone know what might be causing this. I am out of storage space but since i use my hard drive i dont know what im going to do. The weird thing is the drive works fine on my pc, but only works for a couple hours when formatted for the xbox. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

One question.

Do you have your Xbox one plugged into a power strip, or directly into the wall?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

directly into the wall.  We had the house rewired and had some extra outlets added behind the tv So i wouldnt have to use a bunch of strips

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.