Xbox One has trouble reading discs

I purchased my Xbox One in early February spent a little over 700 dollars on the console and the accessories and games. About a week after having the console it began have trouble reading discs. I have to stand at the xbox putting in the disc multiple times before it will read.  After paying the amount of money I have for a console I'm pretty shocked that it's already having problems.  I tried doing a repair order online but just game me an a error message. My nephew had a similar problem with his xbox one.  He had to send it for repair after having it for a day because it wouldn't read disc.  With the amount of time put into building and testing this console I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Have you tried doing a full power cycle of the console?

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

This has a tendency to stop occurrences of similar issues and can save you having to unnecessarily sending a console off for repair.

If that does not work, you should consider getting in touch with Phone Support. Especially if you are having troubles with the website for submitting a request for repair.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.