Before you reply to this post freaking out, please actually take the time to read it.
There have been many good things about this console, but I would also like to point out the bad things. Because at first, the excitement of getting the new console made me overlook things.
- Friends. Inviting friends to your game, checking to see who is online and doing what, joining a friend's session in progress, etc. is a pain. Why is everything an app now? The friends app is NOT quick. It can take awhile to load sometimes, and why is it so hard to find my online friends? I'm not gonna invite someone that is offline! There needs to be a quick menu while you are on a game to join friends' parties, inv. to parties, and also join and invite to games. This is next gen, it should be easier, NOT harder! Also, where the hell are sign in notifications? I don't care to see when my followers log in, but I do want to see when my friends do.
- Games. The launch lineup is a joke. NO, I do not want to kill 428578 zombies over and over in Dead Rising 3. No, I do not want to go back to 1605 or whatever and shoot bow and arrows at people in Ryse. These games just aren't that fun, and people just bought them because they are exclusive! Battlefield has potential but is an absolute joke right now, constantly crashing and as of now can't even save Campaign progress!! WTF? Ghosts sucks (and I am a CoD fan) Forza is good right now but I can see it getting boring soon. Madden 25 sucks, NBA 2k is good, NBA live is terrible. OH and the biggest joke of all is, come April there won't even be an MLB game! 2nd most popular sport in America, yet we don't have a video game for it. Pathetic.
- Kinect. This has been good and bad. Kinect is very useful for sign in, switching apps, and snap mode. However, mic isn't great. Sometimes I say a command 7 times before it works. Also, if you don't use the exact phrase, Kinect won't work. "Xbox, play Battlefield" or "Xbox, snap my friends list" will not work. Not nearly as amazing as MS had said.
- Dashboard. There is nothing wrong with it, but for next gen it could be much better. All you see when you log in is a bunch of tiles. Maybe show a list of friends that are online? The next Netflix episode in my series I have been watching? Levels of friends in BF4 if I have recently played it?
- Headsets: I have Astro A40s (arguably the best gaming headset) and when I heard I wouldn't be able to chat through it, I was annoyed but oh well. Now there isn't even an option for Surround Sound audio? WTF??? Next gen without surround sound? I don't care if this is gonna be an update later on, it should already be there.