Xbox One has been a disappointment so far.

Before you reply to this post freaking out, please actually take the time to read it.

There have been many good things about this console, but I would also like to point out the bad things. Because at first, the excitement of getting the new console made me overlook things.

• Friends. Inviting friends to your game, checking to see who is online and doing what, joining a friend's session in progress, etc. is a pain. Why is everything an app now? The friends app is NOT quick. It can take awhile to load sometimes, and why is it so hard to find my online friends? I'm not gonna invite someone that is offline! There needs to be a quick menu while you are on a game to join friends' parties, inv. to parties, and also join and invite to games. This is next gen, it should be easier, NOT harder! Also, where the hell are sign in notifications? I don't care to see when my followers log in, but I do want to see when my friends do.
  • Games. The launch lineup is a joke. NO, I do not want to kill 428578 zombies over and over in Dead Rising 3. No, I do not want to go back to 1605 or whatever and shoot bow and arrows at people in Ryse. These games just aren't that fun, and people just bought them because they are exclusive! Battlefield has potential but is an absolute joke right now, constantly crashing and as of now can't even save Campaign progress!! WTF? Ghosts sucks (and I am a CoD fan) Forza is good right now but I can see it getting boring soon. Madden 25 sucks, NBA 2k is good, NBA live is terrible. OH and the biggest joke of all is, come April there won't even be an MLB game! 2nd most popular sport in America, yet we don't have a video game for it. Pathetic.
  • Kinect. This has been good and bad. Kinect is very useful for sign in, switching apps, and snap mode. However, mic isn't great. Sometimes I say a command 7 times before it works. Also, if you don't use the exact phrase, Kinect won't work. "Xbox, play Battlefield" or "Xbox, snap my friends list" will not work. Not nearly as amazing as MS had said.
  • Dashboard. There is nothing wrong with it, but for next gen it could be much better. All you see when you log in is a bunch of tiles. Maybe show a list of friends that are online? The next Netflix episode in my series I have been watching? Levels of friends in BF4 if I have recently played it? 
  • Headsets: I have Astro A40s (arguably the best gaming headset) and when I heard I wouldn't be able to chat through it, I was annoyed but oh well. Now there isn't even an option for Surround Sound audio? WTF??? Next gen without surround sound? I don't care if this is gonna be an update later on, it should already be there.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ZING!!

yawn

Friends

you can make it so it shows only friends that are online.

Games

DR3., Ryse are really fun games.

Kinect

it works for me around 90% of the time

Dashboard.

Meh

Headsets

The one it comes with works fine

As for surround sound mine works great, when I play Ghost it sounds like a war zone.

You can fix that friends thing. Just go to change view under the friends list. You can choose it to show only people that are online.

can we stop getting 100 threads on what every single person in the world thinks is wrong? A. there is one stickied at the top of the forum that everyone can add to. B. there is www.xboxfeedback.com where you can add them too. These forums are literally trashed with these kinds of threads. So boring to read 10 of these a day.

[quote user="Kiddeth"]

Friends

you can make it so it shows only friends that are online.

Games

DR3., Ryse are really fun games.

Kinect

it works for me around 90% of the time

Dashboard.

Meh

Headsets

The one it comes with works fine

As for surround sound mine works great, when I play Ghost it sounds like a war zone.

[/quote]

Have to ask... how? I don't have my XB1 yet, probably pretty soon but I have surround sound and was really disappointed to find out it wasn't supported yet.

Ign had an article up about this. Major Nelson released some info regarding a fix for chat and a quick view menu like the 360 is being developed but a date hasn't been set so who knows when it will be out. the voice commands not everyone is American some countries do not have them yet which which doesn't allow users to use the voice short cuts. So In my opinion they need a quick view tab like the 360

Yeah, you were forced into this thread to read everything the o.p typed up, even when the title obviously made it clear this would be something you wouldn't like to read. //s//

All valid criticism. Thanks for writing it out, and don't forget the BS where you can't play music while you game. And where the frick is HBOGO?

Have to say I wonder why you would even buy an Xbox One with what you've said about the games. Most of your opinions on the games sound like opinions you gained long before actually playing them, if you did. Lastly, I didn't buy Ryse because it was exclusive, I bought it because it looked absolutely stunning. And it is. And finally, I disagree about Ghosts- I think it's the best Call of Duty in years.