Xbox One Hardware Issues? Receive Free Game (Maybe)

Ok, so after reading all over the web today about the free game codes being sent out to those with faulty systems and waiting a replacement. I started getting concerned because I never received a code or any email from MS at all, and I called Day One for a replacement console! So I decided to do a MS support chat and this is what I got... apparently the free game is only for those with a broken disc drive, not for people that receive a bricked (Green Screen of Death/Paper Weight) console like I did. What the Hell Microsoft!!??

Felicity: Basing from the report submitted the console was processed for an Advance replacement due to the console will not boot up, Is that correct?
Nate: YES
Felicity: Ok, What you heard about the free game was true but that would only be applicable to console's that are having problems with the Optical Drive.
Nate: I DON'T KNOW IF MINE WORKED OR NOT!! MY SYSTEM NEVER TURNED ON!!!
Felicity: Yes I do understand your concern Nate, However the reason for that free game
Felicity: was to let customers continue playing games while waiting for the new console to arrived since they are not able to play because no CD will play on it.
Nate: NOTHING PLAYED ON MINE! I don't understand.. mine is even worse
Felicity: Since you will not be able to play at all while waiting for the new console to arrived since the console will not turn on.
Felicity: I do understand that, However dont worry
Felicity: As a gamer, I understand the inconvenience of this situation you have. I am a customer to so I know how you feel about this. Customer satisfaction is our main goal, so I will forward your comments to the Xbox One team and create a report about this.
Nate: Thank You

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yeah, if they do it for one issue that renders the console inop, they should do it for every one that does. A defective unit is just that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.