Xbox one hardrive always running and fan

Is anyone noticing this too ,? All night on and off I hear the hardrive ... There's nothing wrong with the hardrive it makes noise like any hardrive but seriously ? Xbox is in standby what can it be doing ? It's not installing updates. I wake up and still the hardrive is running and I hear it. I t comes and goes I just don't get it. Same with the fan it's on a lot almost 24/7. I like instant on feature but the xbox is gonna wear down the hardrive doing nothing lol. Anyone else notice this ? What the he'll is. The xbox doing that requires sooooooo much hardrive activities ? Cause I know for a fact it's not downloading or installing anything it's just on idle

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

Hi HomieOC, part of the function of the instant-on feature is that mandatory updates download in the background when the console is off, but that may not happen all the time. Nonetheless, it is always powered and checking.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok but why is the hardrive constantly seeking ? It's not like it's installing anything the hardrive should only be heard for 10 seconds every hour. Or so not 10 mins every 20 mins

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="HomieOC"]

Ok but why is the hardrive constantly seeking ? It's not like it's installing anything the hardrive should only be heard for 10 seconds every hour. Or so not 10 mins every 20 mins

[/quote]
I can say for sure my console doesn't have the same issue, there could be a mechanical problem causing so much noise.

Feel free to follow up with chat/phone Support. Alternative you can make a repair/replacement order at http://myservice.xbox.com.

Sorry this didn't help.

No there's nothing wrong with the hardrive.  I just don't understand why the operating system is stressing it and making it do stuff when it's in standby. Is this fixable with a update. I mean.... Windows 7 is the same with my laptop it can be just sitting there running at desktop and not doing anything and u see the hardrive light flicking non stop. I just don't get why the windows is doing this on a damn gaming console

Sorry this didn't help.

?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem. I've gone through 3 consoles that have had different issues (#1 extremely noisy fan, #2 Broken Blu Ray Drive, #3 Ok) and every single one has had a HD that constantly seeks. It's only audible if you put your ear right up next to the xbone, or your hearing is good enough to pick out the noise a couple feet away. Probably just some weird issue with the OS.

Sorry this didn't help.