Xbox One Hard Drive Noise

I noticed yesterday while in the menu for Titanfall that my hard drive was making some noises. Sounded the head crashing which wouldn't be good or the drive parking which wouldn't make since while in the menu for a game. Is there anyway to test the drive or someway to know if it is going? Would it be crashing games bad or not install games if the drive was dying. Please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

i hear a constant clicking noise on mine, don't think anything is wrong but i hear it till i shut the system off unless its the power supply making the noise.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Make sure you guys have registered your units. I'm afraid a "clicking" HD in my experience is a disaster waiting to happen. be ready in case it is. If you haven't, register at myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

So many forget to register there new rig. Its a shame, Get er done" folks

Sorry this didn't help.

I have only noticed the weird clicking noise when in the titanfall beta menu and when I was changing something with my avater. Really sounds like something bad with the drive but I would think I would hear the noise a lot more than I am right now if it was dying.

I bought a warranty with gamestop. Will never go through microsoft again. Had bad expeiences throught them.

Sorry this didn't help.