Xbox One: Green and Black screen of death.

Hi, I'm just posting this forum in regarding issues with my brand new Xbox One TitanFall bundle edition. The first issue I'd encounter was the Green Screen of death; where I turned on my console,  and it shows the main Xbox One logo,  but unfortunately,  does not transition to advancing screen.  In otherwords, remains for more than 10 minutes frozen, then less than 3 seonds displays a white snowy static-like screen then into the pitch black screen which now seems to be permanent. I'd tried all the available tips  from websites , YouTube , and no solutions. Please, if anyone cam provide me any form of answers or solutions in regarding with my issue,  I'd be happy to know, so I can help others with the same issue as me. Thanks.

P.S: This is a brand new Xbox One console,  haven't even finished the update.

Question Info

Last updated July 14, 2018 Views 167 Applies to:

Do not know what you have done to troubleshoot the problem, but try this:

Unplug the internet cable from the Xbox.

Start up the Xbox and see if that does anything.

If not, then while the Xbox is on, power cycle the Xbox by holding the Xbox button pressed for 8 seconds until it is powered down and the power adapter light glows amber.

Leave it off for 30 secs, and turn it on again, still without the internet cable plugged in.

After following these steps, has anything changed?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, I'd appreciate your tips, but unfortunately,  non of these tricks didn't do nothing.  Still no solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Then i would call support, as you may need a repair. During Black and Green screen, the xbox runs a check on  hardware components and os, and if it gets stuck every time, it could be that it is finding a fault.

So contact the Xbox Service Center and talk to them.

Hope you get it sorted.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue last night and called support and asked about options. Support associate said that my only option is to pack up the xbox and return it to Game Stop. Obviously I, was not happy with this - the associate told me that "its a free country, and can do what I want". I find it highly unprofessional that the associate was unwilling to assist me or provide any customer support to an obvious Microsoft issue. I paid over $500 for this device and I expect it to work and I expect the company that I purchase it from to go above and beyond to assist me, because that what companies with integrity do.

At some point today I will head to game stop to exchange this for another Xbox, or a PS4. I haven't decided yet if I want to give money to Microsoft since they clearly don't care about their customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand the frustration, and the one you talked to at support should have been more professional. However, even though Microsoft made the product, since you bought it from a retailer, then you have to go through them first. If you had bought it from Microsoft Store, then they would have helped you directly. It's the same with any product like that.

But again, they could have told you this in a nice way, so you didn't need to get upset.

I hope you get it fixed fast and easy, so you can get back to your gaming :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had this same thing happen to me.  I manually ejected the DVD that was in Xbox.  You do this by inserting a paper clip in the hole by the yellow sticker inside of the vents on the left side of the Xbox.  Then restarted my Xbox and it started working just fine. If you are stuck on the green screen and have a disc in the disc drive, give this a shot.   Hope this helps someone else.

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally got my system to power back on once I removed the DVD. Now to try the September update again with no disc in the tray.

Charles

Sorry this didn't help.

And there it is! All I needed to do was remove the DVD before updating my system. Posted my previous message just before starting update and now my update is complete and my system is powered on. Thanks for the idea Cpt Sizzlepants!

Charles

Sorry this didn't help.