Xbox One Game Sharing

I've just found out if you set a friends/another console as you Home Xbox, and they do they same, you have the ability to game share.

If, for example, they buy trials through their account on their Xbox (which I've set as home), I can then download on my Xbox for use with all gamertags on my Xbox.  I could even play in multiplayer with this friend under the same game purchase.

Is this a loophole, which will result in bans, or a legitimate thing to do?  Note, xbox support will assit in setting it up.

It would be very cool to make an agreement with someone, to split the cost of all future purchases, and password sign-in would protect your account.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 123 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just to add to Randver. - You take your chances.

news.xbox.com/.../update

The official update concerning disc and digital media after changes. I refer you to almost at the bottom.

"These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray"

Also from Microsoft site. 

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/games/playing-across-multiple-consoles

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

No where in either of those 2 links does it state you can share and play games simultaneously. So personally, i would avoid it,. in case it comes crashing down.

(Sorry been on holiday, and enjoyed it immensely)

I agree with Hairy.

Odds are they won't ban consoles but personally I wouldn't take the risk.

People always make a big deal about this, but it was the same on the 360 and PS3 as it is on the XB1 and PS4.

Digital purchases come with two licenses. When you're sharing with a friend that doesn't live in your household, you are technically violating that agreement. Whether you want to do that or not is up to you, but you aren't going to be banned. This is the reason Sony went from five licenses to two back with the PS3.

@Skinner

The problem is none of what your saying is in writing anywhere, it's not confirmed by Microsoft and the developers/publishers say just the opposite.

The thread I linked explains the lengths myself and others went to confirm if this was a loophole or intended. Evidence supports a loophole.

What thread are you referring to you?

Your red text is taken out of context and irrelevant, and your other threads are more to impress than inform, I think.

The thread I linked in my first post.

And what are you talking about "impress"? Read the thread.

Just what we need here. Someone who doesn't read threads, makes statements and doesn't bother explaining the "why" part and insults people. I think we've filled our quota on you guys.

I didn't insult you, and I did read the thread linked in your initial post, but there's not much to it beyond what you posted here.

hairy.. that "page" is from JUNE....  MS has even re-worded their "HOME CONSOLE" usage on their TOS about 3 weeks ago.. and I state: ~ Directed towards Rand

......"If you have multiple Xbox One consoles, or you regularly use consoles belonging to friends or family, you most likely want to designate the most frequently used console as the home Xbox."

This basically is telling us that you can designate ANY XBOX as your HOME... even if it is not YOURS.....  now what does that mean in the over scheme of things... as they also say....  ANY ONE gets YOUR games on YOUR console....

support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox

Im really tired of beating this horse... it works.. that is how it is supposed to be.. MS knows it .. just DROP IT!

That's the problem, their isn't anymore to it.

Microsoft never answered request for clarity on the subject.

Common sense should tell most people that if it was an intended feature it would be marketed and advertised. It's basically a buy one, get one free on digital games. It's a heck of a deal, why hide it.