Xbox One Game Installation Complications

I've been having trouble installing my games on the system. I don't know how to check the information already on the system or even delete a game from the hard drive. I installed Zumba Fitness just the other day. To do so I had to disconnect my internet and install the game that way. then I had to go through the process or re-establishing my wireless connection (I've had to do this for everyone one of my games) Last night I was gonna play Zumba and it told me I needed an update for the game. Something along the lines of 4GB. I started downloading the update and after 30 minutes of sitting there it never even made it to 1%. Then today as I am typing this it made me reinstall the game. 

Will someone please explain to me what the heck is going on?

Why do I have to keep installnig the game?

How do I check the current games installed on my system and view my data on here in general?

The Xbox 360 had it where i could check memory and even delete specific game saves. all I feel like I have here is a system I have to scream at to get it to do something I want then it doesn't respond properly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

Hey FireWarrior, game saves are now controlled within the games themselves so the options to remove or delete saves will be different depending on the game.  To remove a game completely you can go to My Games and Apps and then find the game you wish to remove, click the Menu Button (where the start button traditionally is) and the option to delete is found there.

Another thing you might want to check in your case might be that you have the Instant Mode turned on and updates checked.  It could be that you are turning off your console before games are installed.  This setting will ensure the game finishes installing after you power it down.  You can check that by going to Settings > Power and Start Up > Power Options.    You want Instant Mode on and Automatically download updates to be checked.  You can check the status of game installs in the My Games and Apps page.

For the game update problems there are a few things we can try.  First you want to make sure that the games are installed or you're not in the middle of something when you try this but try doing a Power Cycle.  you can do it by pressing down the Power Button on the console for around 5 seconds until all the LED's turn off.  Let it sit for a minute and turn it back on.

Let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright thank you. I will try these ideas and check them later today.

Sorry this didn't help.

For five days I've had the similar issue. I can't install the update for Titan fall and dead rising. Along with that I get an error message. I was also told I have to wait for the next system update. I'll be patient and wait for that. All in all I still think it's a good gaming console.

Sorry this didn't help.

no its not throw it out now before you delete your game when you go to cancel update and then no way to reverse that even though you downloaded the game fully 3 days before hand and the only reason you brought it online is because you wanted to play the midnight release. xbox is *** its such a stupid console that has so many bugs in every aspect of everything to do with it and yet there is no support to help you out they jsut tell you to redownload the game...... oh yea because apparently we all live in america and we dont have internet speeds like me... 300kb/s *** the xbox if i could refund my games from the past 4 months then i would you have caused nothing but problems and never have fixes.... this is why i am going back to pc gaming

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there OliveLion278769,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations. If you have any Xbox Support related questions, please feel free to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. That way we can cater our support specifically to you!

Sorry this didn't help.