Xbox one full connection, but lag in other rooms

I noticed this when I first bought my system, but unless Im directly plugged into my network, or in the same room as the router I have connection issues. I'm fully connected to the internet, I have access to my games and apps, but when I use any of them I experience lag or intermediate service. I lag frequently, or cant connect to games, and when I stream It has to buffer every few seconds or so. Since I now share an apartment with some friends, I cannot monopolize the living room. I'm debating whether to sell this system off and try another or just give up all together. any suggestions or anyone with the same problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yeah, i would say its just picking up interference, which is why its not working properly for you and dropping out.

My suggestion would either be to move the modem, or to buy an ethernet cord (a long one) and hook it up that way. Another suggestion... and the more i think of it, the better this one is... could be to try one of those Wifi Booster/Range Extenders, as you can plug them into a wall socket, and they extend the range of the modem so should hopefully give you the strong connection you need. I've never used them personally, but they seem to fit the bill

Good Luck :)

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.