Xbox one freezing problem

I have an Xbox one I bought brand-new a little under a month ago and since about last week it has started freezing on me. It freezes whenever and wherever, although it does freeze more frequently during specific games. I have used a little over half more storage, have tried resetting my Xbox multiple times, and have wired Internet. I am apart of the Xbox one beta program and am wondering how to solve this problem and if I could do an offline diagnostic.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey dude,

Ok, a couple of things.

Firstly, when you say reset, you mean hard reset? As in holding the power button down (when the console is on) for 10seconds, leaving it for a minute, then turning it back on? Just need to check that you've got that right :)

Next, if you are in the preview program, you'll need to report this problem in the preview program support forums, which are located here: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you can't access that forum, please let us know and one of the support team will be along to help you out with access :)

Lastly, there is an offline diagnostic tool, however do not think that it is appropriate if you're in the preview program, as its more related to regular update issues. I've linked it below for you anyways, but wouldn't reccomend using it, as it'll most likely not get you anywhere :(

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

Hope that has helped you somewhat :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, I do mean a hard reset. And I solved my freezing problem by resetting my Xbox one to factory settings. Sucks though I have to reinstall all my games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear it mate :) I don't usually suggest that right off the bat, as I know what a hassle it can be! At least its fixed though, so happy gaming from here :)

Cheers

Denaz

Sorry this didn't help.