Xbox One Frame Rate Drops and Stutters>>>>>Is it normal or possibly a faulty console or bad set up?!?!?!?

Hi. I have a Day One Edition Xbox, and any time I play graphically intensive multiplayer games, such as Call of Duty Ghosts and Titanfall, I seem to get some major Frame Rate Drops, Stuttering and Screen Tearing. However it seems to be happening to me much more than other people I play with. My current set up is my Xbox One connects via HDMI into a surround sound receiver and then from the receiver to my television via HDMI. Because I have my Xbox One going through a receiver to my television and not directly to the television, will this cause added frame rate issues and stuttering or could it be something wrong with my Xbox One, or are these just normal problems everyone has??????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

Nope. Not faulty. That's the Xbox One operating as intended by MS. Developers are having serious trouble with this piece of s"@$ box. After seeing the way Titanfall came out for it (i got for PC and Xbone)I gave it a few more days and then listed my Xbone on eBay. I'm just super *** I bought all these games digitally for it. Waste of over $300 on poor games I will never play again. MS f'd up really hard on the software, hardware, UI/UX and feature support. Simply 360 degrees of incompetence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there yes its normal for a new console to have these types of hiccups. More importantly xbox one is and will always be improving as time goes on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds normal.  Games will eventually get better at utilizing the hardware, but for now that's how it is.  There's no way going through a receiver could be making it worse, I wouldn't waste my time trying to re-hook it up directly to the TV.  I mean, you have other stuff hooked up to that receiver right, you don't notice hiccups watching cable or a blu ray?  You may just be more sensitive to it than the people you play with.

Sorry this didn't help.