Xbox One faulty?

Is anyone else having this issue?

As of today my Xbox One has stopped recognising any of my game discs. It simply tells me to "Insert Disc." However once this occurs if I attempt to reset the console or turn it off it can take up to 5 minutes to do so. The screen goes black, however the kinect turns itself on and off repeatedly and the Xbox symbol on the console remains lit up, though it sometimes dims itself from time to time. 

After that occurs when I start the console again it goes through the Xbox green screen and loads from there, and then and only then does it start reading my discs again. however it then goes and does this same thing again not long after. It has occurred at least 4 times in less than 6 hours!  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sounds like your disc drive is going bad.  

This upsets me greatly. I've had no issues until now!

I would be upset too. I get kinda sad when a fellow gamers console starts to break down. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Well I spoke to a tech online and whilst going through the "troubleshooting" the issue didnt occur. It only started the past 12 hours. Hopefully it goes away... Hopefully!

@ Diesel ...

A friend of mine had similar problems ( only happened with Zoo Tycoon and Ryse: Son of Rome ) the Xbox just didn't seem to know a disc was in. Weird thing is the next day and ever since it's been fine, he did perform a hard reboot though ( while the console is on hold the power button for 5 seconds and let it reset )

He didn't mention nothing about the console taking time to restart though so not sure what to make of that.

Hopefully it was just a glitch that we all get from time to time and nothing that warrants a replacement.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Yeah the system taking time to turn of, both my voice command, use of controller AND use of pressing the button, was weird. It only started this yesterday and it doesn't occur all the time. However when it decides not to recognise the discs it doesn't recognise any of them, BF4, Ghosts and AC4.

After the last incident last night it once again fixed itself by doing the slow shut down thing and it hasn't happened again... Yet.