Xbox One fan noise

So, i'm on my second Xbox One and got my first one replaced very simply and easily through GAME. I replaced my old one due to the fan making strange noises, it was making a clicking noise whilst it was on and off (in instant-on/standby mode) the fan seemed far too loud as I could always hear it from anywhere in my room and i've read from most people that their Xbox One's are silent, which I'm now starting to think is them over-exhaggerating because my new Xbox One is still quite loud not always to the point where it's annoying but the thought of it maybe being faulty is annoying. It still clicks when off and the power brick is now making a louder noise when on and off in standby mode than my other one was. It's especially loud when installing a game, and louder than usual when starting up a game. I really can't tell if i'm being paranoid about this or not now. I was thinking at one point it was due to it being on a glass surface which amplified the noise, but I tested that out and put something under the Xbox and it's still the same. Would really appreciate help with this one. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Hi,

I change mine two times at best buy same noise but the older one had a problem with is blue ray drive....

A friend of mine have the same issues, if it's an issues...

I'm now starting to thing to see what I should do!

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbIlQDHMwo0&feature=youtu.be]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.