Xbox One family Problem

Hello,

I resently got my xbox one and signed in to my account that i had on my xbox 360. After a few days i wanted to get some fifa points for my fifa game, as i went to pay with my parents permmitions it came up with that i did not have enough permitions to do this so i went to privacy settings to change the settings that allowed me to pay however i needed to sign into my parents account that i had never huered of in my life, So i signed in with my moms email and the password that she provided me to change these pointless settings, and got an account but i had service issues with that so i could not do that , then i created a new account for my mom after that was created i tryied to add my self to that accounts family, but this did not work beacuse apprantly i am a part of another family that i do not know how to access beacuse It does not say i am in a family on my actual account that i brought over, How can  i find missing family and get rid of it I've had this account since the very first days of xbox 360, on my xbox 360 all i had to do is enter the password to change, I never knew that i was in a family, does someone know how to find this missing family so i can either add parent with the family to my xbox one or remove myself from that family so i can create a new one. 

Thanks.

-Tom

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

I have the same problem all I want is fifa point....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi both of you.. First of all, these are not "pointless settings". This is useful for parents, so they can avoid their kids buying things with the credit cards.

I dont know which "service problems" you got there. If there is something wrong with the account of your parents, please let them talk to a support agent. So they can check whats the problem with the account. If you are in the US , the number is :

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX    or   (800) 469-9269

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically if you are on a child/teenager account ( Does not matter if you have restrictions on or off) you cannot buy anything online due to terms and conditions. This has annoyed me greatly as I buy things online all the time with no issue so why did microsoft change their terms and conditions? They are being silly and need to change it... so basically you need to have an account which says you are 18+

Sorry this didn't help.

Its actually not silly at all. It is a system designed to prevent children from accessing their parents credit cards. If you would like to voice your displeasure with that feature please feel free to make a post in the feedback forums forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Youre not getting the point here, its not that were mad about the My Family system (Im having the same problem), its that even if you do try to set it up to allow children some access, it does not work, and completely blocks you out. If theyre going to enforce this system so heavily, I think they should at least make it work.

Sorry this didn't help.