Xbox One fails to start up

Hi,

My Xbox One (when in energy saving mode) fails to start up. I press the start button on the console, it lights up for 3-4 seconds (the TV registers an incoming signal but no picture appears yet) and then it just stops (TV looses the signal and the backlight on the console button turns off). I have tried several time to turn it on (sometimes with a short press and sometimes with a long press, sometimes unplugged the console, etc.) and after several attempts it comes back to life. But I cannot figure out what makes the trick. When in Instant on mode, the console powers up without a problem (using my voice). Any suggestions what may cause this issue?

PS: I am using a US model in a European country (in case you think it might be related to voltage).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I am having a very similar issue, but I cant get mine to fire up at all so far even though it shows similar symptoms as far as the on button.  im using a uk version in Sweden

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same problem. Turned out to be a faulty power supply unit. Microsoft will replace it, it just takes a long time. It's been a month since I sent mine in, and it won't get here for another 2 weeks

Sorry this didn't help.

So the solution is to contact the retailer and ask for a replacement power supply?

Sorry this didn't help.

The retailer can't help you, since Microsoft doesn't sell PSU's separately . You have to send the broken one back.

Sorry this didn't help.