Xbox One expensive? Please...

Don't go to Brazil if you want a PS4. ;)

This makes me wonder though. If a console can get this expensive in 1 part of the world, how cheap can it get in other parts of the world? After all, the Xbox One is region free right? That means it shouldn't matter where you purchase it from, so why not find out where it's cheapest (using exchange rates) & buy it there? Lastly, I would like to know where it's cheapest in the world - if you think you're up for the challenge, I say go for it! And just to be fair since I'm kind of picking on the PS4 here, where is that the cheapest in the world as well?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

India - 20 Rupees ;)

free if you steal it lol

I'm wondering how much if not all of that has to do with their government. Tax, Tariffs, etc. It's easy to point the finger at Sony... but I doubt that it has much to do with them.

This is crazy.

It's their tariff's for imports.

-

Xbox one is 1100 USD there.

-

My guess would be the tariffs are lower if coming from the US (X1), as opposed Japan (PS4).

Tariffs are to blame

[quote user="mgzin66"]

It's their tariff's for imports.

-

Xbox one is 1100 USD there.

-

My guess would be the tariffs are lower if coming from the US (X1), as opposed Japan (PS4).

[/quote]

Actually.  Microsoft manufactured 360s in Brazil, so it would be logical to think that they're also manufacturing Xbox Ones there.  Hence the lower price.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Don't go to Brazil if you want a PS4. ;)

This makes me wonder though. If a console can get this expensive in 1 part of the world, how cheap can it get in other parts of the world? After all, the Xbox One is region free right? That means it shouldn't matter where you purchase it from, so why not find out where it's cheapest (using exchange rates) & buy it there? Lastly, I would like to know where it's cheapest in the world - if you think you're up for the challenge, I say go for it! And just to be fair since I'm kind of picking on the PS4 here, where is that the cheapest in the world as well?

[/quote]

money conversion confuses me, how can the Xbox One be cheaper there?

That's crazy. Xbox One will cost about AU$599 or NZ$749 but know some retailers are selling it for $1 cheaper or 99 cents more in NZ. Australia and NZ have consumer protection laws and if you decide to buy from somewhere like Brazil lol or Amazon US/UK you are not really protected by consumer rights laws or comsumer guarantee acts etc. If you buy from a retailer in your country, your consumer protection rights as to 1 year warranty and the product getting to you safely and promptly. I'd rather buy from a local retailer in my city than going to some overseas website, ooh they want my credit card details, got to wait for them to ship it to me, and warranty rights. More of a hassle to me.

Brazil is awesome. I was there for 3 months. I didn't have a chance to game though other than the PSP.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!