Xbox One Ethernet Port Problem

Hello, I've had an Xbox One since day one and I have a wired connection. 

Recently, I have been experiencing a network problem. The xbox does not recognize a wired connection. I get a different error message when I test my network than the ones posted in the support documents. Mine says "Not Connected: Your network is not set up"  There is no set up wired connection option anymore. Wireless set up option works. In the network settings, under current network status it says, "Not connected, to connect plug in an ethernet cable or set up wireless network."

I have tried three different ethernet cables and two different wall ports that connect to my router. None work. When I test the same cables and ports but instead plug the other end into my laptop, I get a full signal. This leads me to believe that the xbox one ethernet port is broken. And yes the cable in the back of the xbox is fully plugged in, it makes that "clicking lock" sound.

The thing is, my wired connection has been working fine for the last month with my xbox one until now. Recently I have been unplugging the ethernet cable from the xbox one and plugging it into my 360 to go back to play other games. When i switch back to the xbox one, it normally reconnects correctly until today. Any advice or do I need to send my xbox one in for repairs?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2018 Views 8,105 Applies to:

I solved my problem. All I did was do a 'power cycle' with my console and it resolved the issue. All you have to do is turn the console on, hold down the power button on the console for 5 seconds, release it when it turns off and let it rebot on it's own.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This didnt work for me :(.. Also after I let go of the button after 5 seconds and it turning off it doesnt reboot. It just stays off.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there The Shawnicus!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.