Xbox One Disconnecting Wi-fi Signal

Hello, I have tried to search the internet as much as possible for a fix but couldn't find one so here goes:

I have an Xbox One wired to my Linksys WRT160Nv3 router and every time I power it on, it completely takes out the wifi signal across my entire house. The Xbox itself is still online, but anything connected to the network wirelessly becomes disconnected while the Xbox is on. As soon as I turn it off, everything reconnects.

I also have a PS3 wired into the same router and when I turn the PS3 on I do not have these problems.

Any idea what the problem could be? Please let me know any further information you would need to help fix this!! Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Without being able to look at your numbers/connection setup in detail, this is a shot in the dark, so sorry in advance if it doesn't apply to you, but is it possible at some point your Xbox has been set to a Static IP? Even as I type that, it doesn't seem entirely correct, because I don't know why it would bump ALL of them offline. My thinking was, if the Xbox is Static on an IP that other devices have been auto-assigned through DHCP, it should bump those items offline....

For example, if you have items connecting through a "Wireless Hotspot," which is grabbing 192.168.15.7 as its IP, and then the Xbox comes on and is set to ONLY accept 192.168.15.7, then suddenly it takes over that IP address and the hotspot can no longer connect, which means neither can any of the devices connecting THROUGH the hotspot either....

Like I said, shot in the dark, but thought I'd check.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I do have a range extender in my house. Would that cause possibly interference?

How do I check if the Xbox is static or not? I can provide numbers if needed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.