Xbox one disc drive questions

Ok, so I got my first xbox one on November 23rd and the disc drive was broken so i shipped it in for repair and waited for about 2 and a half weeks and finally got it back but when I received it you could tell it wasn't really packaged properly which is a problem to begin with but due to the fact that I live in cold & snowy Cleveland Ohio it was much worse because the console was pretty much frozen. So I wait a little bit and finish unboxing it and set it up and it immediately had the same issue. Finally I took it to Microsoft store @ the Cleveland mall and returned it for a refund so I could get a new one at GameStop instead of having to deal with FedEx people abusing it during the shipping process. So I waited the 3 days it took for my refund to be processed and went to GameStop to get a new one. I've had it for about a month 1/2 and everything was fine until I started noticing that when I put in any Blu-Ray discs (such as xbox new games) it didn't sound like the disc tray would shut all the way. So I tried it with each game I have (cod, dead rising3 & ryse) and it'll work about 60% of the time and other times it will sound like the game never finished being inserted into the tray. With my previous xbox ones that had the disc drive problem no disc I put in would work but with this one my DVDs & music CDs always work... It only seems to be happening with Blu-ray Discs. Whenever I put a DVD in you can tell the tray has shut all the way because it makes sorta like a soft thud kinda sound and when I eject the DVDs it sounds like the disc tray is re-opening and out comes my disc. With my games it only does that closing thud noise sometimes and when I eject the disc it doesn't sound the disc tray had to open because the disc just pops out immediately. I was just wondering if there is anyway to fix this easily, and by easily I mean anything short of having to send it back for repair and wait another 3 weeks. Any help would be appreciated :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

? So it makes a sound like its not going in all the way?  Does it play the discs every time?  Your statements are confusing.  Bottom line, if they go in and they are not grinding and they play- you are probably fine.  If they are not playing then you have some type of issue.  Can you give us a bit more comprehensible information so we can help you?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like I said about 60% of the time the games work and when they don't work you can tell that the disc tray hasn't fully closed so I'll eject the disc and try again and it will work. This happens on & off and I'm just hoping that it will go away and stop or that there's an easy fix other than waiting another 3 weeks for a "repaired" console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the clarification!  Unfortunately if you have run through these steps: support.xbox.com/.../disc-error entirely, it sounds like you have a bad drive.  Try those steps and if that don't help, you will have to contact MS again.....I am sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's okay thanks for the honesty and help. I'll probably get an advanced exchange once tax checks come in. I'd do it now but I'm in the middle of saving up for an iPad for my mom as a late birthday present and if I do the exchange now my card will be put on hold and I'm pretty sure I'll have negative funds lol. But for now at the moment my xbox is working so I can hold off for another week or so till tax checks come in. Again, thanks for you're help.

Sorry this didn't help.