Xbox One Disc Constantly Spinning

So I swear this wasn't happening before, but I noticed whenever there is a disc in the drive it's always spinning; not at high speed mind you.  When I pop a disc in I here it spin up and then it stays spinning at a slower revolution.  The disc will keep spinning on the dashboard and through any app.  I know it's constantly spinning because when I go to eject it (after not having accessed the disc at all) you can clearly hear it spin down before it ejects (as well as the fact when you get close you can hear the low revolution spinning.  It does this for all discs (Blu-Rays and game discs)

I've already tried power cycling my console and return to factory defaults, but it still does it.  It's a little maddening that a problem that I haven't had before, I'm now having.  Does anyone else notice this behavior as well?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 236 Applies to:

I think it might be normal. Mine does it. But i have to be close to it to be able to hear it.

I wouldnt worry about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mine does the same. I noticed this after the last update (gold games update), before that, I never noticed it, really strange.

Sorry this didn't help.

Like the other guys here I never noticed it with mine as it's a pretty quiet system.  I would say that if you are playing the game the disc is for, if you're in the habit of quitting out of the game just by hitting the xbox button, I'd try actually quitting the game first, before you go to your home page.

You can do that either in the game main menu or if you go back to your home page and highlight the main panel and press your menu button, you can select quit and see if that stops the disc.

Sorry this didn't help.