Xbox one didn't turn off?

So far this has only happened once.. the last time I used my Console, but because of all the problems its left me a little worried. Anyway last night I turned off my console (with those magic words "Xbox turn off") I have the power saving mode so the light on the console flashed for about 20 seconds as normal.. and 10 mins later its still flashing. Like its shutting down down but got stuck? in the end I had to hold down the xbox button on the console and that turned it off. Anyone else had this? is it common? or is it just a freak thing that just happen out of the blue? Jees.. xbox makes me paranoid!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Was anything downloading or updating in the background?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im not sure, my friend just said the same thing.

I wasn't downloading anything that I know of. maybe the system was doing something on its own... ill give it the benefit of the doubt this time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had same problem with my console. It got stucked in the turn off process, screen went black, kinect turned off, but controller still on and console light still flashing. The only way to turn it off was by unplug the cable from wall.

I found out, when changing the hdmi input to tv and then back to game, the screen wasn't black anymore, but it was freezed at that dialog where you can select ConsoleOff/Controller Off...

I checked with retail shop and did unit replacement. however, the new unit I have now has noisy hard drive and fan, so I am bringing it back once again.

Sorry this didn't help.