Xbox One Day One LET DOWN!

Hi world, new to this forum thing but thought I would try it out after the issues I have had. XB1 so far a let down for me after 20 years of online gaming. They stated it was going to be a sure fire hit with no problems on day one, oh how they lied to us. The simple stuff, PSU buzzing like a broken fuse board, turned it off for an hour and has been fine since. Controllers dying/disconnecting half way through a fire fight, not very good for your stats if your an avid sniper. How many times is this going to happen before some update? Bf4 and Ryse only for me. Please add more if your having issues. Discs unreadable then 30 seconds later fine. All discs so far. Home screen glitch on BF4 when you load/insert disc and it justs shows the blank page and then goes back to the home screen. Happened about 30 times but hasn't happened since 10 this morning. Genius that is! Party chat, pathetic that you have to turn it on. If I didn't want to be in a party I wouldn't join it, come on xbox really how simple is that?? I thought it was supposed to be quicker to interact not slower??lots of school boy errors, poor! Online play just kicks you out everytime it loads you into a game, 30 seconds playing time then BAM your out to there. BF4 and FIFA14 for me only please add more if your having issues. So from reading some of the other issues out there I do count myself lucky that at least I can play something on it but so far what a let down DAY ONE has been. Look forward to shed loads of updates to fix the issues. Come on XBOX you need to sort this, £500 pounds and for what so far, GRIEF is the only thing I have had from you! Please feel free to join in the convo and add your ***. Good luck to one and all, see you in the gaming world. Ian a.k.a SLIPPERYHILL

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I Strongly agree with you MR Hill something has to be done and quick as the release of the PS4 is fast approaching looks like im trading consoles. been with xbox since the start and never have thought about leavin them for sony. This has been the biggest let down going. can not for the love of god get a game in pro clubs just keeps dashboarding me constantly. party chat is so slow and annoying to get into.

and trying to invite friends into call of duty games is a nightmare why mess with summit that didn't need messing with.

visually the xbox one is great console and games but what a mess.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well sorry to hear about all those issue i know i would feel the same way. Let me see if i can find a support article to help you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Let's add that some people too days off from work to have a dead console.The worst part is that I played 5 hrs loved it besides the getting booted to the home screen. No playing time since that 5 hrs it is dead MS can kiss my butt on future products. If I didn't have $200 in games for this thing or I would return it.

Sorry this didn't help.

People taking time off to play is their own fault.  With 1 million consoles shipped of course there will be failures.  First weekend launches are always problematic too with services down etc.  Why not wait a week, see if your console works,  let them work out kinks first week and book off time to nerd out the week after?  That is just a rookie mistake.

-

gm

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not a rookie mistake and you're ignorant to say such a thing.  When I pay $500 for something, I expect it to work correctly.  I'm sick of being a beta tester for all these companies.  Perhaps you don't care if your product performs as advertized, but I do.  I don't care if it's been out for 10 minutes or 10 years.  It should work correctly.  They should have worked out the kinks before launch.  That's the rookie mistake, not someone buying it when it is released.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah maybe still sucks though

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely understand and empathize with those having day one issues. I myself took home a $500 paper weight (wouldn't go past Green booting screen), but courtesy of this wonderful community, I was able to download the OS files to a USB and flash my Xbox back into operation!

That said, I very much agree with Spyder; that in today's advanced day and age; our acceptance for these kinds of blunders and failures has to and should be at an all time low. Anyone who supports companies rushing products out the door and faults the consumer as a "rookie mistake" by purchasing said product, is partially to blame for the rapid decline in our society. Stop accepting and celebrating mediocrity.

Sorry this didn't help.

Rookie mistake is controllers not working properly. As in major connectivity problems. The one that came with the unit wouldnt stay connected. MS recommended me buying another controller to test is out. LMFBO...so I did and the same problem. I know have to hard wire by controller to play anything. I know I have it better than other people with disc drive issues but its sad

Sorry this didn't help.

All,

If you have an issue please create a new thread in this section if it's a console / accessory issue. If it's an issue with customer service or you want to voice your opinion on the Xbox One, please create a new thread in the General Discussion forums.

forums.xbox.com/.../3817.aspx

:) - Skillet

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

xbox one $499.99  

Sorry this didn't help.