Xbox One Day One Edition vs Standard Xbox One

So my Xbox One Day One Edition is having a disc drive issue where it makes a loud grinding noise when a disc is inserted and does not detect the disc. This seems to be a pretty common issue with this version. I was thinking of getting it repaired by Microsoft but will the issue resurface again in a X amount of months? I was wondering if I just bought a brand new console will these issues still occur down the road? Also I was wondering if these newer models that are coming out have better hardware vs the launch day models(Not talking about the Xbox One Elite just the standard Xbox One). I would rather pay more in the long run of the consoles life than a band aid that a issue will resurface again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 986 Applies to:

Hey there EightSheep41939!

Sorry to hear about the disc drive trouble. There isn't a hardware difference between the Day One Edition and the Standard Xbox One, if you set up a repair for your console you shouldn't need to worry about the issue popping up again. If it does pop up, you are provided with an extended warranty which varies depending on your country.

Definitely understand the frustration, let us know what you decide to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.