Xbox One Day One Controller-broken left bumper

Hi,

The left bumper on my commemerative Day One controller stopped working after the first 4-5 presses. It does not "spring" back and just moves losely on its pivot point. No response on screen.

Contacted support and I need to send controller in for a replacement. One thing support could not tell me is if I would receive a replacement "Day One" controller or just the stock standard controller.

Anyone know the answer to this? I dont want my Day One embossed controller to be replaced by a standard one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,258 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey xFR33 R4DIC4Lx,

Sorry to hear about the Controller issue. I suggest contacting support again confirming that you will indeed receive a "Day One" controller to replace the defective one. They will be able to look up your information.

Reach back and let us know what you find.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Similar problem with the same button on mine, just not as bad. Also having an issue with the console making noise though so Microsoft is sending me a new box.

Sorry this didn't help.

My right bumper works intermittently and randomly disconnects from the console during games.

So I contacted Microsoft Support last night. You have to be kidding me, Microsoft. I spend $500+ on a new console, games and accessories and I have a broken controller out of the box. But you won't replace it without me paying for both shipping to and additionally the replacement controller. Plus, I will be without a controller for 10-13 days, not being able to play the very console I've been waiting months to arrive. Really?!

Sorry this didn't help.

My RB is broken on mine, made a thread about it here forums.xbox.com/.../1632530.aspx

But I just assumed I would get a day 1 controller...If you get an answer please post it here, my day 1 paper weight should be replaced by a day 1 controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem for me except that it is my B button

Sorry this didn't help.

Pssssh, your lucky man. My Day One controller lasted 4 days with NO issues up until today where i left to stay at my womans for the night, i come back home in the morning, turn on my box and take the controller off the charge only to be introduced to a wonky controller that is stuck in scrolling to the right. The analog sticks don't respond and all the other buttons are just jacked and i basically babied that damn thing lol. I am taking it back to work (Gamestop) to swap it out with a standard edition. This is a joke that we get this nice branded controller only for it to be replaced with a standard which i bet you will work 10 times better anyway because it seems that it's the day one controllers that are having issues. These things will happen with launch consoles. Oh well...

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue too. The left bumper doesn't click like the right one does. Half the time, when I press it, the button press is not registered. I have the same issue when pressing right on the D-pad. MS wanted me to pay to ship the controller from the UK to Prague and then wait up to 28 days for a new one. Their customer support has been awful.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I received confirmation from support (with a support number) saying that I will receive another Day One controller as a replacement. I guess I will wait and see. Have another issue now with postage.

Support email says package up accessory and take to post office for free shipping. Well, cost me 10 bucks to mail with a tracking number.

The support email is misleading and chatting with MS support basically fobbed me off and said I had to pay the shipping. Not happy.

Here is the wording copy and pasted from the email:

2. Ship us the Product

Send the non-working Xbox product to our service center using Australia Post for free shipping.

Keep the tracking number for reference.

Well, Australia post didn't know anything about any free shipping!

Anyway, have payed for the controller to be posted, if I receive a Day One replacement, I'll post here.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same issue with mine. I waited 13 hours in line at the Microsoft store to get my unit with the extended warranty bundle. I was so excited to crack open my unit and play Dead Rising but not only did the store forget my copy of Dead Rising but my Day One controller has a non functional Left Bumper that won't press in at all. It was a huge disappointment for me. After taking to Xbox support they told me I had to contact the store where I bought it. I contacted Microsoft retail support then (you cannot contact the actual store) and they told me I have to contact Xbox Support as there was nothing they could do. So now I've been bounced back and forth between the support lines and placed on hold for more than an hour and a half on one call alone (I have the screenshots to prove it) and after all that time all I get told is that I would have to to ship my day one controller to them and that after they receive the controller there would be an 18 day turnaround time for me here in WA where Microsoft is headquartered. I feel so disappointed working for Microsoft and having brand loyalty.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same issue, and my buddy has both bumpers not working. To ship it to them would cost me around $20, and the manager I spoke was extremely rude. He told me basically if I don't want to pay the shipping, then too bad, I can go ahead and just return the console if I'm not happy. What kind of customer service is that?

Sorry this didn't help.