Xbox One Day One Addition - Titanfall Bundle Price Drop

I paid £450 for my Xbox One, i pre-ordered it the day of my 21st birthday with all of my birthday money. It was a big risk putting all of my money into a console that early into its production but i had faith in xbox and so i took the plunge. As of March 2014, only a couple of months after i happily parted with literally the most money i have ever spent on a single object, you can buy an Xbox One for £349 with a free copy of Titanfall. Lets be realistic, if you're buying an Xbox One, you're almost definitely buying Titanfall anyway so you could argue the price is even lower. My problem, if it wasn't already painfully obvious is that for my loyalty and dedication towards Xbox i was for all intents and purposes spat at in the face. Pre orders in modern business are absolutely crucial for any product to survive, so for Xbox to lower its price so early and to the degree it has been is insulting. The early adopters that have allowed Xbox to lower the price by lining their pockets with pre order profits have been shown no respect what so ever and i am genuinely furious. I understand that Xbox likely had no intention of lowering the price so early into the consoles lifetime, and only necessity warranted it due to the PS's lower price point and falling behind in the sales. But at least have the common courtesy to admit your mistake and that early adopters would be rewarded for their dedication, rather than punished. As it stands i would have saved £150 if i had purchased a Titanfall bundle 4 months after i bought my console, given that i have now paid £50 for a retail copy of Titanfall as well. £150 is HALF of my monthly income as a student. I'd also like to mention that i have already had my Xbox One replaced due to the blu ray drive fault that many other players have encountered. Although Xbox handled this issue respectfully and thoroughly, they did offer me a free first party game of my choosing as a courtesy for my problem, but they never followed through with their promise and i have yet to receive anything other than the default apology the helpful support staff member gave me over the phone. I don't expect free gifts from Xbox, they run a competitive business in a competitive climate, but the audacity they have shown regarding the recent price drop is just ridiculous. I paid £450 for my Xbox One , Xbox took it and laughed in my face.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For the difference in price, you've also had and played the console 4 months longer. It's a business and your contributions help build the user base Microsoft is trying to build by releasing bundles such as the Titanfall one.

I'm not saying you have no right to complain, I get the frustration, but it's not a great complaint in business terms in that regard.

Oh look. It's this thread again.

I guess we're so used to them, it'll be weird not to see a new one today.

d.

You lost my interest at " 21st birthday and spent all my birthday money"......  LOL....... grow up.

-

If $500 is the biggest purchase you have made being 21......  wow.......   mommy and daddy have sheltered there precious little gamer......

*sigh*

Why this again?

So many "loyal" people out there displaying such a lack of "loyalty".

Having a discount prior to a version 2 is ridiculous.  The titanfall edition should have been the day one edition.  

So many "loyal" people out there displaying such a lack of "loyalty".

-

But still loyal enough to buy the Xbox One, or have their parents buy it for them. Many just jumped ship.

I love how bad it is coz xbox one did it, i got mine early and have no gripe with price drops, it happens, tbh it needs to happen because its all that's holding the majority of my friends back from getting one.

When i brought my 60gb ps3 in the first month it cost me £440 with lair(terrible game sixaxis was infuriating with it) and fifa 09, a couple of months later they were slashed to about 400 and the 40gb got even cheaper was i angry.... no, slightly annoyed but in no way really bothered, i had the opportunity to play cod before it was flooded with people/kids same as on the xb1 i got to experience an enjoyable bf4 before it turned to trash and became unplayable, if price drops bother you then well your gonna be crying for the next 10 years because bundles will get better n better, prices cheaper and the same will happen on the ps4.... should expect it to happen and if its going to bother you don't rush out and buy one, wait till the last year of the console so you can get the cheapest best price and deal on it why everyone else adopts the gen after that early lol

Again, Major Nelson has stated multiple times, the prices of any titanfall bundle are promotional prices and are not indicative of a price drop. And also, you have no one to blame for it but yourself OP. Electronics ALWAYS go down in price so you should have waited if that was "all your money". Why is everyone so upset about this topic when there is nothing to do but blame yourself?

You got £450 for your birthday?!  Holy crap.  You should be super thankful for all that.