Xbox one dashboard

i traded in my old xbox one for a new 1tb console last Friday and since then I been having problems with dashboard and other issues I need help with. First the dashboard, on dashboard I can't see friends gamer pics nor can see game pics or app pic or vid pics on the dashboard tiles or in marketplace. Nor can I view any vids on dashboard eg like E3 vids just get message say unable to view at this time. This also comes up if I go into upload and try and watch a game clip mine or someone else's and where game clips are I just get a grey box with a little picture in the middle. Also with the dashboard I can't change any colours or background I juust get message saying 'unable to show colours at the moment'. I've contacted xbox support and went through the hold down the power button n take plug out of sockets to do resets/restarts but still no change. I've even taken back to shop and they tested and worked fine in shop. Only thing is different to what shop did that to what I did was the shop connecited it to their internet(they connected to a iPhone where at home it connected to fibre). Could this be a issue between my internet and console but I never had this issue on my other xbox one system and I even done a connection test and I'm more than ok on the upload and download speeds, no pocket loss and a ping of 160ms. Any help or advice much appreciate.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

It does sound like a connection problem to me. Have you tried rebooting your router and modem? Hold down the power button on your console until it shuts down, unplug the power cord from the console, unplug your router and modem. Wait 5 minutes and plug your modem in first. Let it fully boot and plug in your router. When it is fully booted, plug in your console and try again. Let me know if this works!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there, it seems to me like this is an issue with your internet connection, I suggest doing the steps that KenH2k4 outlined above and also taking a look at the other troubleshooting steps in the support section. if nothing works, I suggest you either get into contact with your ISP for further help, they can dig deeper than us. Good luck and I hope your problem is solved soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello I was an active Xbox one insider. I complained a lot because of the inability to play the game without unsnapping it. After menacing that I will sell my Xbox for a ps4 I one day took my courage and finally did it. But now that the e3 passed I regret my choice and therefore I am asking you if could offer me an Xbox as I have been a good client and fan of the franchise.

Sorry this didn't help.

hello there IbraTheOne unfortunately, you are not eligible to receive a free console, it was your choice to get a PlayStation and being a fan of the Xbox does not seem like a valid reason. If you would prefer to get support tailored to you, make sure you make a new thread or head over to support.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

How are you connecting to the modem is it via wifi or wired?

If via wifi try the forget this connection then reset everyting and run the setup again.

If wired try using a different socket on the back of the modem or even a different cable just to rule out having an old cross wired cable used for pc to pc connections.

Somethng else to check is if there are any firewall settings on the modem that could prevent your xbox from accessing the internet

Sorry this didn't help.