Xbox one dashboard tiles and gray backgrounds weird interference.

Hi all, Sorry for the long topic. As the title mentions, when I am at the home screen or sections of the dashboard such as the friends section. I get what I can only describe as reverberating horizontal lines on colors such as gray, white, green. I wish there was a way I could show you what I mean as it's only in the dashboard. When I play games the video is perfectly fine. Originally I was thinking that this was normal, but I'm pretty sure it is not. Once again everything else seems fine. I would hate for this to be a faulty system being as everything else including games, disc drive etc are fine, and this seems like such a small issue. Finally, it is only noticeable if your staring at the green tiles on the dashboard or actually trying to pay attention to it. So I can try to describe it better, it almost looks like interference on the screen and it's like waves in the ocean. On the gray colors of the friends section it's noticeable all over the screen. Hopefully, it's a simple fix and you guys can help. Thanks again.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 393 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Am I really the only one with this issue?

make sure your HDMI is fully plugged in.  I had an issue when hooking up through my cable box but it turned out to just be the HDMI wasn't fully in.

I don't see any interference. What specific make and model of TV do you have?

I've noticed this as well, except the only time I have seen it is when looking at Battlelog on BF4. I'll look for it on the dashboard next time I'm playing.

I have a vizio m3d47kd. I tried my xbox360 with the hdmi cable I was using originally and the tiles were solid. I switched over to the hdmi provided by the xbox one box and I still get the same thing. I've noticed now that when I boot up the system everything is fine. It's after a couple of minutes it will start to happen. As far as gaming it hasn't happened while I'm gaming everything seems normal. I probably won't do anything about it if it's not fixable, being that it hasn't affected my games and you really have to pay attention to it to notice it really. It's more prominent on green, gray and white colors. I just hate knowing that it's there so I find myself compulsively looking for it haha. Thanks for the help guys.

That's odd. Mine had been booted for a while before I switched to check the friends screen. Normally stuff like that is a moire pattern. May be worth seeing if other solid grey panels do the same thing on the TV, or contact Vizio, see if they've had other reports of the issue.

Reading up on moire patterns. I can say, that it's very close or possibly what I am experiencing. What's very odd about it is that it's only on the dashboard and only on certain colors as I said earlier. Dead rising looks perfectly fine as well as Killer instinct. Both games having all sorts of different colors. In any case thanks again. I hate to say it but I'm going to just stick with it. Can't see myself without an Xbox one haha. In all seriousness, it's definitely not game breaking or even severe enough to warrant an exchange. I'll try some other video sources and let you guys know. If anybody has something similar please feel free to share.

Hey, so after several hours displaying some static images on the screen. I can officially report that it's my tv that's the problem. I tried other hdmi ports on my tv and they all display the same issue. Funny enough I just never noticed it until the xbox one tiles. Do you know if that's even fixable, maybe a setting on the tv or restoring its factory defaults?

i have just noticed the same thing on my Samsung LED tv, seems to only be on grey screens i get some slight vertical lines also but i did notice they can be removed by adjusting the brightness levels of your TV. best way to view these lines are to go to internet explorer and open a blank window thats the perfect grey that shows them on mine.

I have the same issue. I have a brand new samsung LED TV and thought is was a tv issue at first but all other things like Apple TV, cable box, etc don't show this odd hashing pattern on dark grey screens. It's very specific when it happens such as when the green xbox boot Up screen fades out you start to see it. See it a lot on titanfall as well. I hope there is a patch that they will release  since it looks like your tv has a problem.  Anyone aware of a patch or a solution?  Maybe bad batches of hdmi cables from Xbox. I'll have to try swapping out cables to see what happens.