Xbox One Dashboard Bugs

To say that I'm disappointed by the insane amount of bugs in the xbox one dashboard is an understatement. Here are the things I've noticed that require immediate attention because they ruin the experience and honestly make the xbox 360 look light years ahead of the one: - when installing a game and an update is required, you can never tell when the update is downloading and when the game is actually installing. Why are updates now required before we can enter a game? - party games are a disaster. If a friend is in another party I cannot invite him. Party chat has to be manually turned on every time. No more private chat for some reason. When all your friends leave your party, you remain in a party alone! - kinect sign in is a disaster. It switches sign ins by itself and switches the controllers randomly. - game dvr uploads clips to the cloud when I save them but they are no longer available locally! It streams them every time. - why did you remove the pop up for the xbox guide button? Now every action takes us right out to the dashboard and it's pretty annoying. Achievements are a pain to access so are many other options. All in all, the dashboard needs a major overhaul and you should build up on the successes of the 360 not take steps back. And for the love of God, quit your Metro design obsession...it's not working for the Xbox One.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

This in a gray area. This can be a support question. And again it not. I think bottom part should been posted on the feedback forums. But the bugs of the dash will be fix over time. The one just come out. There going be glitches in new tech. But get fix over time. There is nothing we can do with the bugs until MS release the patch on LIVE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The game tile tells you how much percentage the install is and it will even alert you when you can begin playing the game early. As far as the achievement thing, yeah it's annoying and I'm not sure why they changed everything that wasn't broken to begin with but I'm still satisfied with my XB1.

Sorry this didn't help.

They are some bugs like sync data on xbox one has been fixed by unplug and should work nothing to do with the dashboard.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there AirBeetle!

Thanks for posting! Keep in mind, this thread is quite a bit old. Feel free to post your suggestions in any current thread. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.